Chautauqua F/A blows .258 at LEX

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2014/01/16/delta-flight-attendant-charged-with-being-drunk-on-the-job/
Here's a twist on the drunk in air story. A Delta flight attendant was arrested before her flight took off from Bluegrass Airport in Kentucky and charged with being drunk when her blood alcohol level registered way over the legal limit.

Attendant Nancy Bray, 58, was scheduled to fly Delta Connection Flight 6095 to Detroit, operated by Chautauqua Airlines. According to WLEX news in Lexington, the airline called for medical assistance and an officer determined Bray was intoxicated.

A .258 BAC is about what I would need to go to work as a Chautauqua F/A at age 58. Juuuuuuuust sayin'!

So...was she coming off an overnight or did she go Denzel Washington on the turn?

Hehehe... You said "blows"...

tumblr_lno6bduvZN1qa48wxo1_500_large.gif

Do FA's strive to make it to the big leagues like we do?
Some do, some don't. Have had plenty of FAs leave for the majors and even seen some at the majors leave for the regionals. Even maxed out FAs at the regionals make more than even second year FOs (which is appalling). Most FAs do it for the flight benefits and nothing else. That's why you see a lot of really old ones doing it part time or as a second career after retirement. I've run into FAs that are former lawyers and doctors that just want to travel in their retirement. Be careful of the second career FAs, as a lot of them are Sabre-Toothed Tigers (too old to be called a cougar) and aren't afraid to relentlessly hunt down a young, impressionable FO for a good time. Just ask Amorris.

Some do, some don't. Have had plenty of FAs leave for the majors and even seen some at the majors leave for the regionals. Even maxed out FAs at the regionals make more than even second year FOs (which is appalling). Most FAs do it for the flight benefits and nothing else. That's why you see a lot of really old ones doing it part time or as a second career after retirement. I've run into FAs that are former lawyers and doctors that just want to travel in their retirement. Be careful of the second career FAs, as a lot of them are Sabre-Toothed Tigers (too old to be called a cougar) and aren't afraid to relentlessly hunt down a young, impressionable FO for a good time. Just ask Amorris.
agreed, I know of at least a handful, that put 20+ years and the majors, retired and then wanted to work again/flight bennies and got back in the game...

Not starting out but a lot do after they've been around a couple of years. Most of the FAs at YX make more than first year FOs. RAH flight attendants stick around for a long time.

This might be a dumb question.. But do F/As make more on bigger equipment? Or is it just totally based on seniority?

Back