Chautauqua F/A blows .258 at LEX

Flown with her before, very sweet lady and Grandma. I don't know her outside of work but I know some people that do and apparently she's been having some serious personal issues (prior to this). Not making any excuses for her at all, but its a damn shame. Now she'll be going to prison.

And for the record, there's actually a lot F/A's that leave for majors and return to regionals. Mostly because the pay isn't that much better (depending upon which major) and the reserve stint at like United for example is 10 years. Obviously QOL comes into play and if I wanted to live in say CMH or ACY it might be better to be home based on RAH then try to commute as a F/A to ATL or LAX. On they're new contract here they start out at like 18.50 and top out at 38.50 after about 15years.

Again, not justifying they're plight... just saying.

True story:

While in recurrent one year an FA sitting across the table from me on common day asks me how long training was for pilots. I said 8 weeks roughly. Her response: "you're telling me that I coulda became a pilot if I was in training for only 4 more weeks?"

A few people heard it. We just looked at each other and scratched our heads.

True story:

While in recurrent one year an FA sitting across the table from me on common day asks me how long training was for pilots. I said 8 weeks roughly. Her response: "you're telling me that I coulda became a pilot if I was in training for only 4 more weeks?"

A few people heard it. We just looked at each other and scratched our heads.

LoL you actually heard that? I've heard that story more than once but didn't know if it was true or not. It was always, "I heard that..."

Blew 258 what? :D
motivator5aa74350ec5e54.jpg

we have people in texas with multiple dui and they never seem to go past a couple week stint in county at the most, I know she's a crew member but she isn't driving neither

we have people in texas with multiple dui and they never seem to go past a couple week stint in county at the most, I know she's a crew member but she isn't driving neither
She obviously has a problem. She was arrested for a DUI in Florida in 2010. She was 3 times over the limit and also in possession of narcotics (controlled substances) which were not in their prescribed bottles. It is more the norm that crew who have drinking issues have been over the limit on other occasions and just were not "caught". Every company has a policy about crew alcohol consumption before reporting for duty. You do not report for duty in violation of the regulations (FAR 91.17 - further, FAR 120.37) or your company’s policy, and do not allow your peers to do so either. Period. This is Federal law. It's nothing to screw with. What use/good is an impaired FA on your flight during an emergency or issue that may occur on the ground or while in flight? I can only hope this is the final wake up call for her and that she gets the help that she obviously needs and deals with her problems.

I'd say she obviously has a problem whether it's happened before or not. But I'm not sure what that has to do with sending grandma to jail because her life is all screwed up and she's not performing up to expectations at work. Yeah, that should fix it.

Flown with her before, very sweet lady and Grandma. I don't know her outside of work but I know some people that do and apparently she's been having some serious personal issues (prior to this). Not making any excuses for her at all, but its a damn shame. Now she'll be going to prison.

And for the record, there's actually a lot F/A's that leave for majors and return to regionals. Mostly because the pay isn't that much better (depending upon which major) and the reserve stint at like United for example is 10 years. Obviously QOL comes into play and if I wanted to live in say CMH or ACY it might be better to be home based on RAH then try to commute as a F/A to ATL or LAX. On they're new contract here they start out at like 18.50 and top out at 38.50 after about 15years.

Again, not justifying they're plight... just saying.
Alcoholism is one disease that doesn't discriminate.

Back