Chautauqua F/A blows .258 at LEX

She obviously has a problem. She was arrested for a DUI in Florida in 2010. She was 3 times over the limit and also in possession of narcotics (controlled substances) which were not in their prescribed bottles. It is more the norm that crew who have drinking issues have been over the limit on other occasions and just were not "caught". Every company has a policy about crew alcohol consumption before reporting for duty. You do not report for duty in violation of the regulations (FAR 91.17 - further, FAR 120.37) or your company’s policy, and do not allow your peers to do so either. Period. This is Federal law. It's nothing to screw with. What use/good is an impaired FA on your flight during an emergency or issue that may occur on the ground or while in flight? I can only hope this is the final wake up call for her and that she gets the help that she obviously needs and deals with her problems.
I know its nothing to screw with and her career is rightly over with. I was mainly referring to the point of putting her in federal prison for 15-20 years is not going to do anybody good.

Derg quoted & replied:
FloridaLarry said:
Denial isn't just the longest river in Egypt.

It's a great song by Sevendust though.]

I thought Sevendust was the wake turbulence when you went to Airbii School, to learn to fly Toulouse Lautrecs.

hqdefault.jpg

It's a disease.

Back