Challenger 601 CA & FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Please.

They want to pay the CAPTAIN under $30k. Who do you think they're paying to clean the airplane? To stock it? To update the charts and FMS database? To schedule the mx?

Do you think they're paying a "manager" 6 figures to do all of this?

I can't be sure, but to me that sounds an awful lot like Disney World.

Methinks there will be quite a bit of non-flying duties required with something like this. Don't plan on coming in twice a week.

-mini

Then I'll tell em to piss up a rope, don't do stuff that's not in your job description

No need to assume. I would not be looking for a seat if I was a student pilot with no experience. I hold every rating and certificate required for employment as a commercial pilot. I call myself a student because I like how people react to a newbie that doesn't claim to know it all. I have about 10 years non piloting related aviation experience in the U.S.

This is not soul searching for me, I joined JC because it has a good reputation and a bunch of people (away from computers) have recommended it as a good pulse measure of this industry. They lurk, I, stupidly signed up, and couldn't keep my mouth shut. My bad.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. . .glad someone amongst us does.

Good luck

Sometimes doing stuff that isn't in your job description is part of your job.

... as odd as that may sound.

-mini

Bu until one of you would call and find out you all are just speculating on what the nature of this job was. THE job is gone please close this damn thread!!!! Too many know it alls around this thread. And when asked questions somehow do not answer the questions that revolve around their issues with the job.

Back home you get that pay, to tow gliders, twice a week for about 4 hours each time...and you don't have to take out the trash from the plane or serve drinks.

this job is a joke guys...

crazy industry

You really don't want to go there. Do NOT compare an airline style "hourly" wage to a corporate "salary" position. It does not equate. If I broke out my hourly pay/year, I'd make over $300 hour . (By the way new FOs would be around $170/hr or $330 day). They also aren't flying 2 times/week, they are flying 8 times/week. Duration of the flight is a moot point.

Salary is salary. My certificate can get lost in two days just as it can in the other 5, and there is no way any self respecting professional CL601 Captain is going to give away his services for $27K. I'd be surprised if you could find a FO for $27K. I don't accept the cop-out "well the regionals find willing pilots" mumbo jumbo.

Also those of you on this side of aviation who know all about this world. Whats the story behind Flexjets? Their FOs on the challenger are making the following daily and OT hour rates posted to the side:

1st 278 OT Hourly rate $35
2nd 288 OT $36
3rd 307 OT $38
4th 327 OT $41
5th 344 OT $43
6th 361 OT $45

So whats up with that pay if the industry average is much higher as you all mentioned?

You're a broken record here....

Sometimes doing stuff that isn't in your job description is part of your job.

... as odd as that may sound.

-mini

At my full time job sure, because I have an interest in the company, at my part time job, not so much, they can hire some other schmuck to takecare of it.

Bu until one of you would call and find out you all are just speculating on what the nature of this job was.
We don't need to call. Several have already gotten e-mail responses confirming the pathetic "salary" of this offer.

Cheese 'n rice folks, I make more than that to fly a damn Baron!

... and my wife wonders why I don't like telling people I'm a pilot. Really people, y'all can make this an embarrassing industry to work in sometimes. I wouldn't fly a King Air as PIC for $27k and some of you think it's alright for Challenger PIC? *sigh* :banghead::banghead::banghead:

... at my part time job, not so much, they can hire some other schmuck to takecare of it.
...and since they have that "other schmuck", they can now get rid of you since you've become "obsolete".

-mini

Re: Challenger 601 CA & FO [Position Filled]

...and since they have that "other schmuck", they can now get rid of you since you've become "obsolete".

... and my wife wonders why I don't like telling people I'm a pilot. Really people, y'all can make this an embarrassing industry to work in sometimes.

... Thanks Mini, it's amazing me, how you just spoke my mind.
I have asked for this thread to be locked. It serves no purpose other than showing people how screwed up this industry and it's people really are.

Adios! :hiya:and good luck to everyone!
Thanks for playing.

... Thanks Mini, it's amazing me, how you just spoke my mind.
I have asked for this thread to be locked. It serves no purpose other than showing people how screwed up this industry and it's people really are.

Adios! :hiya:and good luck to everyone!
Thanks for playing.

Because people call this shady gig shady and call this poor paying gig poor paying?

Get real, this thread should be locked so you can't post anymore of your flamebait.

And since when is posting a ###### job and getting real answers from corporate, charter, and fractional pilots considered a game?

Because people call this shady gig shady and call this poor paying gig poor paying?

Did you apply, are you out of a job? Or why is a shady gig so terrible to you? Look around partner, there are a bunch of shady gigs around you. And many more very shady pilots drooling all over such "opportunities"
If this can teach you anything, Mr. Experience, it could be indicative of what your next FO has to put up with, when he/ she got started.

Get real, this thread should be locked so you can't post anymore of your flamebait.

Cry me a river! I posted a job opening. Two posts into the flaming I posted that nobody was mandated to apply for it. Get real, you have kids with 247TT running around here telling people they "can't be picky"...
Apply your wisdom onto them, you are rattleing the wrong cage if you rattle mine.

And since when is posting a ###### job and getting real answers from corporate, charter, and fractional pilots considered a game?

It becomes a game when people forget themselfes going overboard on one shady job, posted by someone that has not spend his whole life in here, and neither knows, nor claims to know the entire market. I can not change the reality of our current market. While I begin to assume the actual posting from the company was just a "feeler" to see how people would react to their wages I am beginning to understand that they apparently either got a lot of desperate people wanting the job, or a lot of mean emails. However it is, the "job" is gone.
I posted two other positions, for whatever they are worth, with the very same intend as this one. Information.

Did you apply, are you out of a job? Or why is a shady gig so terrible to you? Look around partner, there are a bunch of shady gigs around you. And many more very shady pilots drooling all over such "opportunities"
If this can teach you anything, Mr. Experience, it could be indicative of what your next FO has to put up with, when he/ she got started.

It is terrible to me because I don't want to have to deal with the bar being lowered while starting out my career in corporate aviation. Seeing jobs like this makes me sick. It is shady to me because of the lack of information the company provides, no benefits, strange flight hours for that type of aircraft, and crappy pay. Of course their are bad ones allover, this one is even worse.

If my FO had to put up with this, to get next to me, I probably would never be flying next to them in the first place, word of mouth is everythin in corporate aviation, and this crap would sure enough come back and bite them in the ass.

Cry me a river! I posted a job opening. Two posts into the flaming I posted that nobody was mandated to apply for it. Get real, you have kids with 247TT running around here telling people they "can't be picky"...
Apply your wisdom onto them, you are rattleing the wrong cage if you rattle mine.

No, you are justifying it as "how it is" in the industry now. The airlines, maybe. In teh cocrporate world, no. Lowering the bar on this side of things doesn't go very far, again, word of mouth.

It becomes a game when people forget themselfes going overboard on one shady job, posted by someone that has not spend his whole life in here, and neither knows, nor claims to know the entire market. I can not change the reality of our current market. While I begin to assume the actual posting from the company was just a "feeler" to see how people would react to their wages I am beginning to understand that they apparently either got a lot of desperate people wanting the job, or a lot of mean emails. However it is, the "job" is gone.
I posted two other positions, for whatever they are worth, with the very same intend as this one. Information.

I can't justify others reasons for going "overboard" but as far as I'm concerned, pilots accepting that the "industry" (it is ALOT different on the charter/corporate/frac side) is crap, so oh well I'll bite the bullit and take a crappy corporate job mentallity pisses me off. I am the future of trying to keep some standards to acceptable in the corp sector of aviation. I think going through this crap is unjustified and unessecary to those pursuing corp avaition as a career.

I hope it was mean emails, no one should settle for a job like the one you posted. So yes, it is information, and thank you for it so I can aviode that company and tell others to do likwise.

[modhat]WTH?!

What a bunch of useless bickering!

And for all the "I've asked for this thread to be locked" posts, do you know how many ACTUAL REPORTED POSTS we've received asking us to lock this? *1*. That just came in about 5 minutes ago. If you see something you think is in violation of the rules, or is arguing and nitpicking and bickering run amok, please REPORT IT instead of continuing to squabble in the thread! When a post gets reported, it sends an email to all the admins & mods so we're aware of it.[/modhat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back