Challenger 601 CA & FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trying to get away with hiring a full time pilot/copilot and just hire "part time". Lets see Friday then Sunday...leave for the weekend every weekend is what I think.

To put it in perspective they're burning in the neighborhood of $30,000/month in FUEL ALONE doing those flights...

So let me get a little better understanding of the way this should work..I need to look at this as if it were a full time position..Since I Haven't done any part 91 work I am going to assume 16 days per month of work...The appropriate salary would be $144,000-$288,000 for an FO? What would the average expected daily pay be for a CA?

52 weeks in a year X 2 days a week is 104 days a year.
On the low end that is $78,000 and on the high end $156,000.

The few contact pilots I know are all PIC typed. So left seat or right seat it is the same rate. Also a lot of contact pilots pay for their own recurrent and price that in to the daily rate.

The few contact pilots I know are all PIC typed. So left seat or right seat it is the same rate. Also a lot of contact pilots pay for their own recurrent and price that in to the daily rate.
That is some good money for 2 days a week. I like it. I look forward to the day I am qualified to make that. :) Just kind of a shocker to me, 1st year FO pay (121) and all....

Doesnt Netjets have one of the best payrates out there? Oh and they all work at least 14 days out of the month and get paid no where close to 156k for an FO. So if you would please let me know how you get your numbes. Because the way I have looked at your numbers they are very inaccurate. If there's a company out there paying someone 156k for 2 days a week those jobs are few and far between. Definitely not a normal.

Basically I am say back up your information. Until then this gig does not seem bad for someone in the area who is qualified and wants a few extra bucks. Plus what Charter pilot works 2 hours of flight time in a day? :)

Haha, this thread is actually getting quite depressive.
Over at MESA 900 hour jockeys beat their heads in for a 21K job fulltime and here we see the "creme' de la creme" pooping on a 4 hour/week job that pays at least some money and almost more than the slavery wages thousands of idiots are accepting, knowing full well that they have to work at McDonalds to make ends meet.

Are you guys aware that they could staff this airplane for nothing? I bet there will be at least one desperado offering to ride "biatch" for free. I'm sure there won't be a lack of CA's either.

If anything, I'll refrain from posting stuff I find online.
We are our worst enemy, you guy's just slap the wrong people.
:panic:

Because it's a Challenger, not a Seneca.

-mini

Exactly. Guys, wake up. Crap like this job "offer" is pathetic. Have some patience and wait for something good to come along. You'll be able to pay your bills and actually have some respect for yourself.

Exactly. Guys, wake up. Crap like this job "offer" is pathetic. Have some patience and wait for something good to come along. You'll be able to pay your bills and actually have some respect for yourself.

How about one of you guys who are taking this as a terrible gig call and find out the information. As of the way its posted it looks like 100 plus an hour to do something only two times a week. You can look at places like Netjets, Flexjet who has a challanger and their FO's are only making 250 a DAY. Their hourly rate is 55 an hour. So I dont see where you are all saying this is just terrible. I am not following your logic. 16 hours a month for $1800 bucks? Yeah sounds terrible to me. Now I am sure there might be more to this story but if its as simple as that you are the fools for saying its terrible to be honest.

Haha, this thread is actually getting quite depressive.
Over at MESA 900 hour jockeys beat their heads in for a 21K job fulltime and here we see the "creme' de la creme" pooping on a 4 hour/week job that pays at least some money and almost more than the slavery wages thousands of idiots are accepting, knowing full well that they have to work at McDonalds to make ends meet.

Are you guys aware that they could staff this airplane for nothing? I bet there will be at least one desperado offering to ride "biatch" for free. I'm sure there won't be a lack of CA's either.

If anything, I'll refrain from posting stuff I find online.
We are our worst enemy, you guy's just slap the wrong people.
:panic:

Just because there are people willing to sellout to Mesa for food stamps doesn't mean a thing to me. This rate flat out sucks, and is laughable. They are truly going to get what they paid for, and that may include some bent metal.

Corporate seems to be a pretty small world, and whoever takes this crap is going to be marked. Good luck to them, as they may have some slim pickings after this job.

Yeah sounds terrible to me. Now I am sure there might be more to this story but if its as simple as that you are the fools for saying its terrible to be honest.

Well Meyers9163, fortunately for most of us in charter and corporate, we demand a livable wage based on the type of equipment flown. I made more as a King Air sic than what these guys are offering.

If anyone reeeeeeeeeally thinks this is going to be a 2 day a week job, pass it around and let us smoke a bit!

I don't think they'd really need someone to relocate (to the point of requiring it) for a 2 day a week gig. If that's all it ever was, they would be looking for some senior airline guy(s), pay them each a day rate and let them jumpseat in and out to get to the plane. Nothing at all adds up.

Anyone else smell the salmon in this ad?

-mini

As of the way its posted it looks like 100 plus an hour to do something only two times a week. You can look at places like NetJets, Flexjet who has a challenger and their FO's are only making 250 a DAY. Their hourly rate is 55 an hour.

You really don't want to go there. Do NOT compare an airline style "hourly" wage to a corporate "salary" position. It does not equate. If I broke out my hourly pay/year, I'd make over $300 hour . (By the way new FOs would be around $170/hr or $330 day). They also aren't flying 2 times/week, they are flying 8 times/week. Duration of the flight is a moot point.

Salary is salary. My certificate can get lost in two days just as it can in the other 5, and there is no way any self respecting professional CL601 Captain is going to give away his services for $27K. I'd be surprised if you could find a FO for $27K. I don't accept the cop-out "well the regionals find willing pilots" mumbo jumbo.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions with this job. The first of which is why do they have a Challenger doing :30 flights? Housing included? I'd like to see that house. Obviously there aren't finding many "desperadoes" or they wouldn't have had to place the ad.

Just for grins:
4 flights, 2 times a week.
8 flts/wk * 52 wks/yr = 416 flts/yr
$27,000/416 = $64 per flight

That is some good money for 2 days a week. I like it. I look forward to the day I am qualified to make that. :) Just kind of a shocker to me, 1st year FO pay (121) and all....

They are looking for a little more then a 121 1st year FO.

The few contact pilots I know all have a lot of hours +15K.

Build hours get a rare PIC(DA-50, G5) type or two, network and you too can get a fair daily rate as long as people aren't willing to do your job for free.:banghead:

They are looking for a little more then a 121 1st year FO.

The few contact pilots I know all have a lot of hours +15K.

Build hours get a rare PIC(DA-50, G5) type or two, network and you too can get a fair daily rate as long as people aren't willing to do your job for free.:banghead:

He said he looks forward to... it, not that he was currently qualified for it.

-mini

I hope you are kidding 21K for a challenger FO is a joke.:banghead::banghead:
:yeahthat::yeahthat: I also have to wonder if they will start you out flying twice a week. and then increase your hours when they need to. A challenger is a lot of aircraft to just be taking trips somewhere for a weekend, that just smells of BS to me. Who the hell flies a plane like that for only 30 mins at a time? Just what are they doing with it? Also, 30 min flights are a hell of a lot higher workload than a 2+ hour flight, everything happens at a LIGHTNING pace. There is a reason these kinds of flights have more accidents than your normal duration jet flights.

No benefits either?? If they only spend 21k a year on the flight crew, how much do you think they spend on maintenance? I'll bet you not very much.

I know we can't all expect to get a $100k+ job a year, but come on! Look, you may not be doing a lot of flying, but you still need to pay your bills. The company that advertises this should be ashamed of themselves. Like Gonzo said: $750-$1500 a day is more standard for contract FOs for that level of aircraft. Let's call this job what is is: horse manure. At the least a company that does that should be mocked and called out on their 'job' which I'm sure they advertise as a great opportunity for the right person that demonstartes professionalism.

Sorry but this makes my blood f-ing boil! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: What's next? you get the 'privilege' of flying a Gulfstream V for $28k a year? How about a 747 for the same rate? Oh wait? You're getting jet experience free of charge, you should be paying us.

Is everyone a cheapass these days? Does no one take pride in thier job and expect a little recognition for getting where they are anymore?

Those pay rates are a joke and a slap in the face. Then they slap the otherside of your face with no benefits.

I would hate to be a pax on that plane, if they do find a crew. Also if they are that cheap on crew I be they are cutting corners on MX too.

Pathetic. I bet for the other 5 days they want you to come in and paint the hangar, mop, tidy up the office...

I'd sooner hang up my wings.

Daily contract rates in the corporate world mean something. . .you think regional and airline pilots go crazy over people flying the same equipment for less. . .you've seen nothing yet then when your fellow daily contract corporate fliers find out someone is out there bringing the daily contract rate down.

But whatever. . .

I think everyone who thinks this might be a 'great gig' should keep their opinions to themselves.

As a contract corporate Pilot I agree completely! FO pay should be no less than $400 per day + expenses. $600 for the Captain.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions with this job. The first of which is why do they have a Challenger doing :30 flights? Housing included? I'd like to see that house. Obviously there aren't finding many "desperadoes" or they wouldn't have had to place the ad.

[/B]

As you said and you seem smart enough to know this. There is a lot of unknown! Thus how about someone calls and speaks with them. Could it also be that this is a starting salary while you are trying to get a type rating if you arent already typed? Perhaps you get a raise shortly there after? Perhaps there's much more to this story. However you all rather sit back and cry foul about a job opening in today market instead of inquire about it and find out the details. Personally I do not care. I am never going to be someones bitch and charter simply is not for me. I'd never look into this kind of gig and nor do I have any desire or passion to. But you are all assuming many things as well. None of you have any first hand knowledge about this position now do you? Once you do then feel free to share it and if its as bad as you all make it sound I'd agree with you. Until then you are all assuming things. And also I could not care less what you make at Netjets. Comparing pay is like comparing who is the best high school football player in school. Its childish and immature. Good for you that you are able to pay your bills and arent on the street. That kind of stuff I have no respect for when people want to pull that card out.

Sorry but comparing pay is not childish and immature. It's a way to make sure his or her pay is up to par, and it is another weapon for protecting the standards.

The whole job is fishy. The website is some generic webpage with a lot of filler and other junk on it. It looks like it was put together in an hour. The phone number and fax are the same number (figure that one out) and it rings to the Kennedy Foundation.

This job is fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back