CBD Usage

Try again sir. Words matter! I chose the applicable words.

The thread that keeps on giving.

Arizona recently legalized marijuana. But my employer still says if you get randomed, more especially after an incident occurs. Even if you smoked on your days off. If you come back positive. You're toast. What is company SOP, that's what at the end of the day matters.

What is company SOP, that's what at the end of the day matters.
Depends on what state. NJ made it also expressly unlawful for employers to forbid use. They can tell you that you can’t come to work high, but can’t keep you from using.

Now my company is in another state but I’m based in the sEWeR, so where do I work? Not testing those waters.

Some of the provisions in the NJ version are mind boggling to say the least.

How’s that going to play with the feds and their 3 year policy for a clearance? It’s going to get interesting.

Depends on what state. NJ made it also expressly unlawful for employers to forbid use. They can tell you that you can’t come to work high, but can’t keep you from using.

Now my company is in another state but I’m based in the sEWeR, so where do I work? Not testing those waters.

Some of the provisions in the NJ version are mind boggling to say the least.

How’s that going to play with the feds and their 3 year policy for a clearance? It’s going to get interesting.

Same here in AZ. They can't forbid you from using it as its legal. But if you pop a random, or do something stupid on the job requiring a drug test. In both cases you're toast. Better to just not do it, since it can stay in your system for 30 days.

A patient overheard the conversation and said. "Just pop klonopin tabs or Xanax bars. It only stays in your system for 3 days. Lol.

"Tim, that's why you're here detoxing!"

Same here in AZ. They can't forbid you from using it as its legal. But if you pop a random, or do something stupid on the job requiring a drug test. In both cases you're toast. Better to just not do it, since it can stay in your system for 30 days.

A patient overheard the conversation and said. "Just pop klonopin tabs or Xanax bars. It only stays in your system for 3 days. Lol.

"Tim, that's why you're here detoxing!"

Worked with the "feds" for awhile. Self report and drug test. CBD use "always" turned up negative. Why?

I’m looking for a thread on the FAA‘s position on taking CBD’s, I found nothing. Can someone direct to to a thread?

The beginning of the "research."

It’s all a conspiracy, maaaaan!

It was. . .YES! That went without saying. Co-conspirators? William Randolph Hearst, William Dupont, Andrew Mellon, William Rockefeller. . .the list goes on, doesn't it?

How many were working AGAINST the facts being produced by science and doctors?

I dunno, a bunch of weird YouTube videos with the Cheech and Chong font doesn't really scream credibility to me.

Cheech & Chong? Let's go back to the "Reefer Madness" narrative.
Actually, you're right. . .betcha Ye and you have a few commonalities? Word association.

I completely understand your interest in the FAA's position regarding the use of CBD. It's crucial to have clear information on this matter, especially if you're involved in aviation.

I recommend exploring resources from reputable sources like the cannabis clinic, which can offer valuable insights into CBD usage and aviation regulations.

It's always best to rely on authoritative sources to ensure you have accurate and up-to-date information when it comes to matters as crucial as FAA regulations.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further assistance. Safe travels and stay informed!

IMHO, even if there is a slight reasonable doubt, or even not a reasonable doubt, it is not worth it. I personally think that the current anti-CBD sentiment from the FAA and others is to discourage folks from thinking they can describe actual THC usage as accidental CBD "positive tests". But they aren't wrong that it isn't regulated, and thus, perhaps correctly, one cannot assume that there aren't testable traces of THC. Or maybe they are wrong and that is impossible, but it isn't worth sacrificing a career over to me. I doubt this will be an issue in 5-10 years, the way things are going at the moment.

Back