Cathay Cadet Program

Yeah, Delta would only let me non-rev for one. Then I'd have to pay ZED high fares.

Grab a jumpseat on Polar, easiest way to get to Asia. However, I see you are already in the CRJ so you would be better off waiting until you have the time for SO and applying that way when hiring picks back up again.

Grab a jumpseat on Polar, easiest way to get to Asia. However, I see you are already in the CRJ so you would be better off waiting until you have the time for SO and applying that way when hiring picks back up again.

Yeah, I actually have the time, and I tossed in an app back when they were accepting them. I have a feeling when they start hiring, I'm gonna be at the back of a LOOOONG line. :)

Yeah, I actually have the time, and I tossed in an app back when they were accepting them. I have a feeling when they start hiring, I'm gonna be at the back of a LOOOONG line. :)

Keep updating even now, they look for that sort of thing. They are looking for people who go through the effort to work here more than anything else. Everyone knows that the gouge is out there and they expect you to get it, study it, and be ready when the time comes. Maybe when we start again you'll have the time for DEFO, just keep updating.

Keep updating even now, they look for that sort of thing.

When the recovery happens, and it will one day, there won't be a sign that says "Hey guys, jump right in!", it'll have been in effect for months and by the time you think it's "safe", you'll be on the tail end.

I've been thru two recessions after I moved out and that's kind of how they go.

Under Secondary Education Results *

Do I really have to put in all of my high school classes and grades?

Isn't this cadet pilot program for non-licensed people?

No flying experience required.

Cathay doesn't say anything about having licenses

Hi guys, while this is my first post on the site, I have been around for a while just reading and gathering info, but I guess now I decided to join in. Anyway, I applied for the cadet program at the end of June to try my luck and now I'm just waiting. I was wondering how many others have heard anything if they applied and how long it took for them to hear back. Especially guys from the U.S. since it was just opened to all nationalities. Thanks!

Hi guys, while this is my first post on the site, I have been around for a while just reading and gathering info, but I guess now I decided to join in. Anyway, I applied for the cadet program at the end of June to try my luck and now I'm just waiting. I was wondering how many others have heard anything if they applied and how long it took for them to hear back. Especially guys from the U.S. since it was just opened to all nationalities. Thanks!

I haven't seen 1 American being taken (reading from other forums), mostly from Australia and HK now.

Yea, I was told 8 weeks, which would be about September before I heard anything. Maybe they are looking at US applicants later.

Yea, I was told 8 weeks, which would be about September before I heard anything. Maybe they are looking at US applicants later.

They're telling everyone 8 weeks but people have been getting called back earlier.

PM Sent!

What exactly are "concessionary travel benefits?" Are they the same as the nonrev privileges that US airlines have? I've heard rumors that CX makes standby passenger-employees buy ID90 tickets...

What exactly are "concessionary travel benefits?" Are they the same as the nonrev privileges that US airlines have? I've heard rumors that CX makes standby passenger-employees buy ID90 tickets...

This is true, our employee passes are roughly ID90 prices. They are also still paper tickets that must be printed in Hong Kong. No spur of the moment trips as ZED passes etc. must also be printed in Hong Kong.

Under Secondary Education Results *

Do I really have to put in all of my high school classes and grades?

I have a university degree, I feel like those grades would be better to put in. But it looks like they want they high school grades.

What did you guys do?

I have a university degree, I feel like those grades would be better to put in. But it looks like they want they high school grades.

What did you guys do?

I just put 1 semester of my senior year. I think putting Junior and Sr. year of HS should be enough

I put in my senior year high school grades then my degree info and stuff from college. Wasn't really sure what they wanted either

I just put 1 semester of my senior year. I think putting Junior and Sr. year of HS should be enough

Is there an age restriction? Etihad was 26 and explicitly shown. However CX has no indication of age preference.

As for the High School grades, not sure what they want, Id much rather show my university grades.

I know 1 guy from the US and several from Canada have been called to the interviews in HK. Maybe it's what you put under interview location?

Is there an age restriction? Etihad was 26 and explicitly shown. However CX has no indication of age preference.

As for the High School grades, not sure what they want, Id much rather show my university grades.

No age limitation on CX cadet program.

I would have love to put my college grades as well.

I applied on June 30 and waiting for my reply. Not getting my hopes up, like PGT says and from what I have heard Aussie and Hong Kong people as of now.

Wonder what the contractual commitment is? I know at Etihad it was eight years or paying back the training costs.

I think the reason they want HS grades is that the grading system is entirely different to the American system. It is more like a British grading system. They want to see things like O levels and A level grades from what i understand about the Hong Kong grading system. These classes are more or less college level classes and you have to stay on an extra couple of years to take these classes/tests.

Back