Cathay Cadet Program

I was interested in Cathay's Cadet Pilot Program and I was asking if citizens outside HongKong could apply (since it is said that they used to open the program to all nationalities but now no longer). Here is their reply via email to me (16/09/2013):

---
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in joining Cathay Pacific as a pilot.

For those people who would like to join Cathay Pacific as a pilot, there are 3 entry Second Officer Training Programmes depending on their level of aviation experience:

1. A 55-week Ab-initio programme (i.e. Cadet Pilot Programme) for applicants withlow experience and no ICAO CPL. Permanent HKID card required.
  2. A 32-week Advanced Entry programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL and in excess of 250hours flight time in certain categories; and
  3. A 5-week Transition Training programme for applicants with ICAO ATPL,with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, including 500 hours multi-engine time with a MTOW greater than 2000kg.
However, the recruitment of Advanced Entry programme and Transition Training programme is currently suspended until further notice. Therefore, we are not able to advise the application status or the interview schedule to the applicants of those two programmes this year.

Best regards,
Flight Crew Recruitment
Cathay Pacific Airways

/ct
----

So in conclusion the Cadet Pilot Program is only open to HK citizen and they are not hiring pilots through Advanced Entry and Transition Training program as well (per 16/09/2013). Is there any update regarding those 3 program? If maybe they open the cadet pilot program to all nationalities again?

All three streams are up and running now.

You need to be a Permanent HKID card holder to be eligible for the ab-initio course.

All three streams are up and running now.

You need to be a Permanent HKID card holder to be eligible for the ab-initio course.

Could / would a 275 hr amel instrument rated pilot get the advanced entry position?
And in your opinion would it be a better route than to stay in the U.S. and timebuild then go to the regionals? I'm not opposed to living overseas.

Is the multi commercial required ? All it says on the website is commercial but I figured multi was implied, but I have a couple friends who think otherwise , they do send you to Adelaide to train where possibly you could get the multi add on ..

Is the multi commercial required ? All it says on the website is commercial but I figured multi was implied, but I have a couple friends who think otherwise , they do send you to Adelaide to train where possibly you could get the multi add on ..

The appropriate thread on PPrune seems to suggest recently that CX will not look at any one without a CMEL for an Advanced Entry cadet slot, as well as at least 15 hours night, but who really knows.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/378978-cathay-pacific-cadet-pilot-programme.html

The airline business grew at an average of 20% per year during 1962 to 1967 which they were also expanded their international services to Osaka, Fukuoka and Nagoya in Japan to became the world’s first airline to these three destinations.

It looks like they just opened it up to all nationalities again. Does anyone have any recent experience here?

Just got an email this morning and it looks like they are starting to look for candidates again. From the email:

Please complete HKCAD DCA 607 TT if you meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 1500hrs total time
- ≥100 night hours
- ≥45hrs instrument flying

Hi guys,
Their FAQ section states that the logbooks need to be endorsed. I graduated quite a while ago and the University, where I did my training at, told me that they do not stamp logbooks.
So, will an 8710 printout from IACRA work or is there another workaround?
Thanks!

Back