Cathay Cadet Program

Any updates? On they're website it says they're only hiring for SOs, are they still hiring off the street? Or through the cadet programme?

Spoke with a friend of a friend about the SO program and this is what I got from the conversation:

-Only hiring Hong Kong SO due to some tax laws was my understanding: Example crews starting a trip and ending a trip in paris weren't paying french tax
-Doesn't seem like there is anything in place to flow you to FO, example they can hire qualified FOs into the seat before you
-Fly 8 days a months or so, sounds great but Hong Kong is expensive so good luck sitting aroung for 20 days a month not doing anything
-You have to pay a tax on the training bond which doesn't kick in until after your first year so you need money saved up to be prepared for that
-SO time isn't going to get you hired elsewhere

I had a buddy who interviewed with CP about a year ago. On the ride home he was talking to a CP captain and the captain said to not do it. If you want an SFO f/o spot you're looking 2-3 years on the only other seat thats sideways in an aircraft, god knows how many decades in the right seat out of hong kong, and when you get enough grey hair, saggy testicles, and pissed off hatred...... THEN you make captain. Then again... who knows if that's really how it is... i'm just relaying the message. Anyways, to each their own. If you're going to go to overseas, why not go for British Airways? Pay the 20k to convert FAA to JAA certificates, and make a lot more, better QOL, better bennies, etc...

I was looking at pprune.org and got re-educated on CP and they're SO program... damn shame. As for BA? Maybe but you have to get right-to-work in Europe just like a European does here... and with 20% unemployment and a slugglish Euro it might be tough...

What's the retirement age there? Is it 65 like it is here? Just wondering if they're getting slammed with retirements like we are here?

I flew with a CAX flight attendant today and she told me to apply because they are expanding their fleet. The problem is that their system wont let me send in an app because I applied a few years ago and I guess my old app is still on file. Is anybody else having problems updating their old app?

I was advised to update my application via direct email to the corresponding contact.

I also heard only the ab-initio is continuing currently where as the AE and Transition courses are on hold for a year.

I flew with a CAX flight attendant today and she told me to apply because they are expanding their fleet. The problem is that their system wont let me send in an app because I applied a few years ago and I guess my old app is still on file. Is anybody else having problems updating their old app?
yes, i had the same issue, this is the response i received from them
Dear Mr. Bekkestad,

Please send your updates to us via email. The applicant is not allowed to amend his record after he submitted it.

Regards,
Flight Crew Recruitment
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.

Cool, Have yo heard back from them after sending in your new stuff? How long ago was that and how many hours did you have?

Cool, Have yo heard back from them after sending in your new stuff? How long ago was that and how many hours did you have?
nope, did not hear back yet...
My mistake was to create an application as soon as i got my cpl at 250 hours. Little did i know you could not update the profile again
Sitting on 750 now and tons of multi and instrument time

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I applied for the AE stream back in may last year(Nearly a year, time flies!)
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here had updates on the AE and TT courses? I know there paused but any news at all?

Thanks.

Got this today:

31 July 2013
Mr. John Skibo
XXXXXXXXX
Grand Rapids, Mi
United States

Dear Mr. Skibo,
Cathay Pacific Airways requests applicants who remain interested in the Second Officer opportunity to re-submit their on-line application within six weeks of receiving this email via the following link XXXXXXXXXXXX Once you have completed the application you will be allocated a new Personal Reference Number (PRN) and a Password to allow you to update your application information on-line. Please note that updates in any other format will not be accepted.
We recommend that you continue to update your information every six months or when there are significant changes to your personal and/or professional details. Kindly note that if you do not update your on-line application within 24 months of submission, it will be deleted from the database in accordance with Cathay Pacific Airways personal data policy
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Flight Crew Recruitment office by email at flightcrew_recruitment@cathaypacific.com.
Thank you for your interest in Cathay Pacific Airways.
Yours sincerely
for Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.,

Kelly Crawford
Flight Crew Recruitment Manager

But new site says only considering those with HK ID and application will kick you out if you say you don't have all ATPL courses completed.

I haven't heard anything about it but I personally think we need to. We are understaffed and I don't see another way to bring up cadets fast enough to meet our needs.

I haven't heard anything about it but I personally think we need to. We are understaffed and I don't see another way to bring up cadets fast enough to meet our needs.

I have a friend that just interviewed for a Second Officer position and she said she was informed that they were going to open it soon. Obviously just a rumor though.

Back