Cargo Pilots Allowed to Carry Guns!

ATA_victim

what threat does cargo pilots have in the cock
pit? Are they concerned that a box might decide to grow legs and take the plane over?

shooter13

Think it is concern that someone could sneak aboard and there aren't any passengers to help defend the cockpit.

Tim06

[ QUOTE ]
Think it is concern that someone could sneak aboard and there aren't any passengers to help defend the cockpit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that guy that shipped himself via a cargo plane?

donttouchanything

There was also an incident where a fellow fed ex employee atttacked the flight crew (in flight). They were able to fight him off but sustained substancial injuries.

Windchill

Wasn't there a pilot/FO/FE for a cargo carrier a few years ago that was jumpseating and tried to take over the aircraft beating the pilots with a pipe or something but the pilots persevered and got through the ordeal?

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
7 April 94. FEDEX 705. Auborn Calloway, attacks Dave Sanders, Jim Tucker, and Andy Peterson.

JDMcFly

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't there a pilot/FO/FE for a cargo carrier a few years ago that was jumpseating and tried to take over the aircraft beating the pilots with a pipe or something but the pilots persevered and got through the ordeal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't having a gun in the cockpit make that particular situation worse?

ananoman

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't having a gun in the cockpit make that particular situation worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather face someone armed with a large hammer and a spear gun with a pistol than my bare hands.

JDMcFly

[ QUOTE ]
And cargo pilots definitely can't count on boxes rallying to protect the cockpit for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution to the problem, is obviously, smarter boxes.

Wm226

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And cargo pilots definitely can't count on boxes rallying to protect the cockpit for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Smarter boxes with guns.

JDMcFly

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but if the boxes get into an arguement they might shoot their own cargo and cause serious damage. Give them big sticks.

If I saw a large group of boxes coming at me with big sticks I would run. Boxes show no mercy.

Sprint100

Lets have everybody get a gun LOL
Guns for you, guns for me LOL
Waitin for South-Side Airways LOL
Jimmys gotta get a gun LOL

This is all too funny. No one wants stiffer measures to keep the gun-toters off................

Mr_Creepy

I always liked Archie Bunker's solution to the hijacking problem. He said give everyone a gun when they get on the plane! Guaranteed no hijacking!

Tired

Does anyone have a link to that joke where you hear a pilot make a PA about the types of guns that the crew is carrying? That thing was pretty funny.