Cargo Pilots Allowed to Carry Guns!

what threat does cargo pilots have in the cock
pit? Are they concerned that a box might decide to grow legs and take the plane over?

Think it is concern that someone could sneak aboard and there aren't any passengers to help defend the cockpit.

[ QUOTE ]
Think it is concern that someone could sneak aboard and there aren't any passengers to help defend the cockpit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that guy that shipped himself via a cargo plane?

There was also an incident where a fellow fed ex employee atttacked the flight crew (in flight). They were able to fight him off but sustained substancial injuries.

Wasn't there a pilot/FO/FE for a cargo carrier a few years ago that was jumpseating and tried to take over the aircraft beating the pilots with a pipe or something but the pilots persevered and got through the ordeal?

7 April 94. FEDEX 705. Auborn Calloway, attacks Dave Sanders, Jim Tucker, and Andy Peterson.

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't there a pilot/FO/FE for a cargo carrier a few years ago that was jumpseating and tried to take over the aircraft beating the pilots with a pipe or something but the pilots persevered and got through the ordeal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't having a gun in the cockpit make that particular situation worse?

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't having a gun in the cockpit make that particular situation worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather face someone armed with a large hammer and a spear gun with a pistol than my bare hands.

[ QUOTE ]
And cargo pilots definitely can't count on boxes rallying to protect the cockpit for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution to the problem, is obviously, smarter boxes.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And cargo pilots definitely can't count on boxes rallying to protect the cockpit for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Smarter boxes with guns.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but if the boxes get into an arguement they might shoot their own cargo and cause serious damage. Give them big sticks.

If I saw a large group of boxes coming at me with big sticks I would run. Boxes show no mercy.

Lets have everybody get a gun LOL
Guns for you, guns for me LOL
Waitin for South-Side Airways LOL
Jimmys gotta get a gun LOL

This is all too funny. No one wants stiffer measures to keep the gun-toters off................

I always liked Archie Bunker's solution to the hijacking problem. He said give everyone a gun when they get on the plane! Guaranteed no hijacking!

Does anyone have a link to that joke where you hear a pilot make a PA about the types of guns that the crew is carrying? That thing was pretty funny.

Back