CAPT program

My source for industry projections? Tell ya what, find a good one and let me know. The industry changes so quickly and without warning there's no way anyone without a crystal ball and some tea leaves can accurately forecast anything. United and US Airways have been hanging on by their fingernails for longer than a lot of analysts have said. Either could go under at any moment, or US Air could get another Republic/Air Whisky bail-out from out of nowhere. Same goes with United. If they go, who will fill in the gaps? Will they even be filled in at all? There's no way any analysts or industry expert can answer these questions any better than a weatherman can tell you what's going to happen next month.

I do aspire past instructing. That being said, I keep tabs by reading news reports from several sources (Google can find a lot of good aviation articles). The way I see it is since I don't have the hours to apply for any airline positions right now, all I can do is keep track of what's going on and see where I am when I get there. Ultimately, I want to go home to SWA as an FO. It's just a matter of how and when I get there.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean any offense in my post above, but I seriously am curious about the guys going to Focus. Can you shed any more light on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I am privvy to a number of developments at Focus, nearly all the information is proprietary. I will get back to you once I find out from our POC on what can be released.

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, while I don't agree with the CAPT program itself, I respect you for actually coming here to answer questions. Welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I appreciate the welcome.

Regards,

Seth

You would like to work for Southwest and following their thread of thought as I previously stated the industry is projected to explode. The big boys are going to have to adjust and minimize costs, obvious to even the lamest eye, but all others are counting for a strong trend in positive growth. Overseas are figuring the same, Emirates put in the largest order ever to date on aircraft, so somebody has to believe something. I think most people posting here are too doomsday oriented and pessimistic, optimism got the wright's off the ground,

I worked for SWA for almost three years, and they are by far the best company I've ever worked for. I prefer to think "realist" instead of "pessimist."

Back