Cape Air and seaport airlines

Thanks, perfect answer. So my next question is, why should anyone leave a flight instructor job or Patrol/Survey pilot job @ 800hrs tt to fly for SeaPort as a FO or CAPT? Then leave for a regional FO job after that!?

All when regionals everywhere are picking up bodies @ 1500hrs or less, plus providing ATP course/training etc...

Why go to a SeaPort or CapeAir before regional airline when one can just Instruct, Patrol/Survey? Common sense tells me that there is no (0) incentive in detouring @ 800hrs tt, that its a waste of time if the goal is a regional. Further, as a CAPT for SeaPort or Cape, to leave for a regional.

Couple guys I know that went to Cape Air, went straight to Jet Blue after couple years.

Well.....seems like I might be canceling my trip to ANC next week. Got an offer today from Seaport to start training March 3rd. Since they are at the top of my list for companies I want to work with I don't see any reason to go up to ANC to pass out resumes.

Can anyone suggest a reason to continue the trip up to ANC besides just checking out the town? There is only one company I know for sure that I want to work at in ANC and they already have my resume, the others I would just be going in blind and submitting my resume.

FO to start should upgrade to Capt in the summer. Don't have enough fixed wing time to go direct to left seat. Most of my time is rotory.

I don't know for sure but I think regardless they want you there a year from flight training.

I've heard through the Internet that no at that point they ask for a handshake agreement for an addition 6 months. But I was told that by a French model so it must be true.

Once I get through training i will be happy to share what I heard/experienced.

Does anyone have email to update my resume at seaport? I updated it on the website but I am not sure if it would be better to just send the resume directly to someone. I just added my multi commercial.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to throw my two cents worth out there, especially in regards to the SeaPort conversation. I was out of a job back during the summer of 2009. I saw an article in Aviation International News about this new, EAS "start-up company" coming to Memphis, TN. It peaked my interest so I sent in my resume and received a phone call from the ADO (Assistant Director of Op's) a couple of days later. I only live an hour and a half from Memphis, so this was perfect for me. I interviewed a mere four days later. I DO NOT wanna upset anyone on this forum but SeaPort's management is looking "mostly" at a pilot's attitude and personality. Heck, I landed gear up on the Sim eval as well as a half dozen others in my interviewing group and we still all got a job offer. At that time, SeaPort was flying the PC-12/45 and there just happended to be a furloughed Plane Sense pilot interviewing with me (they were having some financial difficulties back then) and he had alot of time in the PC-12. I just "knew" he had an offer, only to find out later he was sent home. Later, from over hearing (eavesdropping) conversations from some of the SeaPort management, that particular pilot had a "poor" attitude. He was a great pilot yes, but he had a "Maverick" attitude towards his flying with others. SeaPort can train you to fly the aircraft well, but they cannot train you to work well with others. CRM is huge in the two pilot world, yes, even in a Single Engine Aircraft.......

I had, for the most part, a very good experience duirng my nearly two years with SeaPort. Keep in mind, this job is not a retirement job but rather a career stop along the way where you can log alot of all weather flight time, learn how the FAR Part 135 "Commuter and On-Demand" (Seaport is "technically" just a "Scheduled Operator") world works, what an OPSEC's is all about, a GOM, Scheduling, Bidding, using CASS and FAA "Suprise!" Line Checks. I know that this is just a Single Engine Aircraft job but here are some cold, hard facts that arose from just MY class alone that worked together there at SeaPort in Memphis. One of my former FO's (He never stayed long enough to upgrade to Captain) is now an FO on Boeing 777-200. Three of the pilots left to land jobs as FO's at Express Jet. Three left to land jobs as FO's on the Airbus A319 & A320. Five or six left to land FO then Captain positions with TMC Jets. Several of us left to land jobs in the Corporate World flying everything from Phenom's to Lear Jets to Gulfstreams! So, despite what some might think. SeaPort was a great career stop and boost for me as I traveled along on my personal, Aviation journey.

Is SeaPort a good spot to build time for a regional? Wondering if CFI time looks better for a regional or flying a PC-12 or Caravan for a 135 operator for a few years? I imagine you time build (even as an SIC) rather quickly like CFI's? Contemplating applying here/other 135 carriers for FO spots or just completing CFI and try going that route.

Even as an SIC, would the time still look good to regionals? Some replies I've read for SeaPort date back a few years. I hear the industry is changing a bit so was wondering if the expectations are less for regionals that need pilots.

Back