Cape Air and seaport airlines

I have been working for SeaPort for a little while now, yes we are growing pretty fast and are working on new ways to extend ops on the west coast. Right now the bulk of the flying is out of MEM, we have many EAS routes out of there and pilots based there are usually just shy of 120 / mo.

As far as West Coast bases are concerned, I do not think the bases will change as they are currently PDX and SAN. It would be awesome to see routes from those two bases converge though! If anyone has questions about SeaPort you can PM me.
JDean, are you based in San Diego?

Well, I'm late to the party, but I can give some info about Cape Air. Cape Air is hiring FOs. You do have to have the ATP written done already. FOs can grab as much overtime as they want (within the duty/flight time limitations). I have a friend who started last December as an FO and upgraded to PIC* then to Captain over the course of the year. He's going to make somewhere around $35K. As a year round Captain, picking up some overtime on first year pay, we have people making anywhere from $40-60K depending on how much overtime they grabbed.

If you have other specific questions, feel free to ask or PM.

*Cape Air considers a 135 qualified pilot who doesn't yet have an ATP as a PIC. They can do repo flights, cargo flights, etc. They have a pay grade in between FO and Capt.

Well, I'm late to the party, but I can give some info about Cape Air. Cape Air is hiring FOs. You do have to have the ATP written done already. FOs can grab as much overtime as they want (within the duty/flight time limitations). I have a friend who started last December as an FO and upgraded to PIC* then to Captain over the course of the year. He's going to make somewhere around $35K. As a year round Captain, picking up some overtime on first year pay, we have people making anywhere from $40-60K depending on how much overtime they grabbed.

If you have other specific questions, feel free to ask or PM.

*Cape Air considers a 135 qualified pilot who doesn't yet have an ATP as a PIC. They can do repo flights, cargo flights, etc. They have a pay grade in between FO and Capt.
Thanks for the info, I also heard they are hiring pilots with at least 800hrs, they also require pilots to sign a one year contract after getting ATP.

Thanks for the info, I also heard they are hiring pilots with at least 800hrs, they also require pilots to sign a one year contract after getting ATP.

There is not a contract per se. There is a gentlemen's agreement for one year from the date of your ATP checkride (or 6mo from the date of your initial 135 if you have your ATP). Don't come in planning to break it. Stuff happens, but don't be a jerk. Cape Air treats pilots right, and in exchange, do what you say you'll do.

800 hours sounds about right. I don't know that that is a hard number.

There is not a contract per se. There is a gentlemen's agreement for one year from the date of your ATP checkride (or 6mo from the date of your initial 135 if you have your ATP). Don't come in planning to break it. Stuff happens, but don't be a jerk. Cape Air treats pilots right, and in exchange, do what you say you'll do.

800 hours sounds about right. I don't know that that is a hard number.
I have only heard good things about cape air, definitely would keep my commitment if I join, still need to build another 150 hrs before I try applying anywhere and add my MEL right now I have about 650 hrs.

The video surveillance must be going well then.

Everybody seems happy to complain on my behalf, but for now I get to burn Jet-A and wake up to this:

IMG_3213.JPG

You know, for now I'm cool with this.

-Fox

Nice! When did you move to the 208? I rode on one of your 207s the other day, brought back memories.
They wanted to get me in the 'van in the summer, but the schedule was too packed. So as soon as things started freeing up in the fall they dropped me in.

We all fly both. I was in the 207 today. :>

-Fox

Back