Boutique Airlines. Plane’s emergency door flies off just before takeoff

American 191 and Alaska 261 are accidents that happened because a detailed maintenance procedure was simplified with internal approval.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Setting popcorn popper to slow roll...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*shrug* unless you’ve got inside information, considering how many hours are on the PC-12 fleet without any door failures that I know of I’m still going to consider plain ol pilot error as equally possible.

I knew @inigo88 ’s people have been putting twice as much • as is necessary on the airplanes.

I say we just roll with the motto “safety third!”

It works for mountain biking...

Think of how much “greener” the airplanes will be without all that extra stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some planes start pressuring on the T/O roll at a certain speed or TLA. I don’t know how the pressurization works in a Pilatus, but it could have some differential pressure that could have shoved the door open. No idea how much Delta P it would take to create enough air movement to “suck” stuff out.

Nerd.

I had an FA open an overwing exit while briefing the her exit rows at the gate because they were Marines and she thought they were cute and got a little carried away with the demonstration. 2 hours of MX to secure the window and get the paperwork done.
That seems…gratuitous, even for the RJ level.

My wife would have peed herself then made me rent a car forever after this if she was in this seat.

View attachment 59035

Not exactly Aloha 243 now, is it?

aloha243.jpg

Back