Boutique Airlines. Plane’s emergency door flies off just before takeoff

Well we didn't have to wait for a report, or at least Boutique didn't. Door sensor MEL'd, pilots didn't comply with the MEL, door flew off, pilots fired.

Did I miss something? I didn’t see anything about the door sensor being deferred. Just that the pilots didn’t make sure it was closed.

I had an FA open an overwing exit while briefing the her exit rows at the gate because they were Marines and she thought they were cute and got a little carried away with the demonstration. 2 hours of MX to secure the window and get the paperwork done.

Doesn't matter, had.......retraining.

Welp... ...one could install rollups on the Pilatipi....fly below 10K between MSP-DLH-IWD all in a day

STCd...you know the deal....little blurry to lookout
[/QUOTE]
1620755379083.png

Jeez oh Pete, how the Heck am I going to get to Wakefield now? Actually, Dis guy isn't the first to haf to rent a car to get to Wakefield when da plane broke. Although my story involved a Convair.

I had an FA open an overwing exit while briefing the her exit rows at the gate because they were Marines and she thought they were cute and got a little carried away with the demonstration. 2 hours of MX to secure the window and get the paperwork done.

VX had a flight crew that decided to open the overwing emergency exit of an A320 to take a good look at the wings for ice.

Boom goes the slide.

Last edited:
What is the (O) procedure for the MEL? If it were deferred, that’d be cause for me to slow down. Verify. It’s something that’s not routine.

This aspect of MELs and firing reminds me of this oldie, bit goodie…

What is the (O) procedure for the MEL? If it were deferred, that’d be cause for me to slow down. Verify. It’s something that’s not routine.

Again, where are we seeing that the door CAS was MELd? I didn’t see any mention of it in the posted article. I imagine the O procedure is pretty simple with a visual check for 5 greens. Which should be done every single time you close the door anyway.

Again, where are we seeing that the door CAS was MELd? I didn’t see any mention of it in the posted article. I imagine the O procedure is pretty simple with a visual check for 5 greens. Which should be done every single time you close the door anyway.

Being that it's an "emergency exit" would it have an interior handle since it's not considered a baggage door? I've never flown in or on the platypus. Let's say a passenger accidentally diddled with it after the preflight. Would the crew have any way of knowing if the CAS was inop?

Being that it's an "emergency exit" would it have an interior handle since it's not considered a baggage door? I've never flown in or on the platypus. Let's say a passenger accidentally diddled with it after the preflight. Would the crew have any way of knowing if the CAS was inop?
Calling it the emergency exit is disingenuous. It’s the cargo door. Which can double as an emergency exit and a pax loading door if you have a properly sized set of stairs. The interior handle is only used for emergency egress and lives under a velcroed plastic panel at other times. Regarding the CAS, the allegation someone further up made was that a door sensor was on deferral by MEL which of course the crew would have known had that been the case. I still haven’t seen anything indicating that that was true though. So yes, if after the crew closed the door a pax had somehow removed the plastic cover AND fiddled with the door handle enough to unlock it AND the door warning system was on deferral, they would not have known.

Last edited:
MY thoughts...first the MEA on that route is 5500 approx. So...EVEN if the cabin pressure were increasing during the TO roll, how much differential could there have been? C'mon Man, "SUCKED OUT"....right. And it fell all of 3 feet to the ground. Damn. For Realz yo.

next....I guess after the Law Suite...the Courts will find that "The PC-12 is damn fine airplane and the pilot(s) should have just continued to the destination".

And who the heck pays $400 for a rental car to drive 200mi? )
HERTZ:, "uh yeah it looks like the only car we have left here in the giinormous city of Minneapolis is this Maybach S5.""
He could have charted a C-182 for that much.

Tha poor bass-turd should checks again....Im sure he lost his "Rolex" as well....the one with all the diamonds.

If you can get through the hot flippin mess of a dumpster fire podcast (?) this is, that dude talks about it around 14-minutes into this.

MY thoughts...first the MEA on that route is 5500 approx. So...EVEN if the cabin pressure were increasing during the TO roll, how much differential could there have been? C'mon Man, "SUCKED OUT"....right. And it fell all of 3 feet to the ground. Damn. For Realz yo.

next....I guess after the Law Suite...the Courts will find that "The PC-12 is damn fine airplane and the pilot(s) should have just continued to the destination".

And who the heck pays $400 for a rental car to drive 200mi? )
HERTZ:, "uh yeah it looks like the only car we have left here in the giinormous city of Minneapolis is this Maybach S5.""
He could have charted a C-182 for that much.

Tha poor bass-turd should checks again....Im sure he lost his "Rolex" as well....the one with all the diamonds.

Apparently rental car prices are high right now. Something to do with they all sold the bulk of their fleets when COVID hit and now that demand has returned, they don't have enough cars. Also, one-way rental is freaking expensive.

Back