Boeing IAM Strike

My bad. 38 a month reduced to 25 a month. Not a year. I posted this stat earlier in a news link.

I shouldn’t be posting from the chair lift.

The earnings call should give some resolution on this number as it could be much lower.
Well that’s not as fun 🙁. I wanted to see airline CEO’s get into a cage and fight over who gets the next Max. If they want to deactivate a bunch of features that warrants a death match.

Boeing announces plans to borrow $10B, part of a $25B financing plan that includes issuing new bonds and stocks...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/15/investing/boeing-cash-crisis/index.html

They can dilute the stock up to 25 billion and borrow an additional 10 billion

@mikecweb called it

Yeah man really blowing off the doors coming back from the high 140s to parabolically rise to the low 150s. Super amazing.

I've already mentioned 3 or so times: Earnings is October 23rd. Only 2 days until earnings at our employer. Gonna be an interesting call.

Are you new in this industry? Of all the stuff that could go bad, a slower delivery schedule is hardly one of them.

I was hired when we had 30 more Airbus orders coming, nearly a 160% increase in company size. 6 months later, all these orders were deferred. We had bare minimum hiring in 2013 and 2014. Then we got 5 planes in 2015 and 5 in 2016. And then 10 NEOs that came in 2017-2018.

I was stagnant central pretty much from being hired until after the merger. The real movement was the post pandemic hiring spree. That was an anomaly, not the norm. But I get for someone like you who’s only seen upside in the 121 world, this can be tough to swallow.

Welcome to the major airline world.

Are you new in this industry? Of all the stuff that could go bad, a slower delivery schedule is hardly one of them.

I was hired when we had 30 more Airbus orders coming, nearly a 160% increase in company size. 6 months later, all these orders were deferred. We had bare minimum hiring in 2013 and 2014. Then we got 5 planes in 2015 and 5 in 2016. And then 10 NEOs that came in 2017-2018.

I was stagnant central pretty much from being hired until after the merger. The real movement was the post pandemic hiring spree. That was an anomaly, not the norm. But I get for someone like you who’s only seen upside in the 121 world, this can be tough to swallow.

Welcome to the major airline world.
Yet still managed to be pessimistic the entire time.

You know, for a forum that was pretty adamant after the Max crashes about the whole “Boeing lost their way after the McDonnell-Douglas merger and the engineers stopped being in charge” … you all sure did spend the entire thread talking about stock price and shareholder value. :)

It's a fairly solid forecast of how things will go for my career for the near to mid term.

Outlook: No bueno

I expect them to come clean about deliveries for at least Q4 and hopefully for 2025. As it is the main determining factor of revenue at least for things that don't have pointy noses.
If the strike continues, delivery projections are meaningless.

The strike will end, the Saudi’s will loan Boeing whatever they want, deliveries will resume.

I don’t know the answer, how many orders have been cancelled in the past six months?

Back