Boeing IAM Strike

How bad does the news have to get before Boeing stock takes a tumble?
That’s why I mentioned levels. Something will trigger the next fall. Probably the earnings call. I wouldn’t touch any of it. Maybe at 120 and layer in to 100. If that means I never buy any BA that’s good for my career and likely my trading account

GZovcPbWMAs12pf.jpeg

Wait, one plane every 2 weeks. For the entire globe? How is this even real life. RIP Southwest.

My bad. 38 a month reduced to 25 a month. Not a year. I posted this stat earlier in a news link.

I shouldn’t be posting from the chair lift.

The earnings call should give some resolution on this number as it could be much lower.

I’m in for $20k and IRS let’s me take $3000 a year in losses and rollover balance indefinitely if I sell at a loss. Good investments are better than bad investments but the IRS let’s you gamble on a small scale.
The following should not be considered investment advice, consult a financial advisor….
If you’re waiting 5-10 years for a turn around you’re going to need a meteoric rise in share price to make up for the loss you could have made in other companies that have their • together. Loyalty to companies is foolish, loyalty to stocks is even worse…

If you’re waiting 5-10 years for a turn around you’re going to need a meteoric rise in share price to make up for the loss you could have made in other companies that have their • together. Loyalty to companies is foolish, loyalty to stocks is even worse…
I never said that I’m waiting 5-10 years for a turnaround. I said that I won’t buy anything I’m not willing to keep for 5-10 years.

You also failed to address my point of how the IRS allows you to take a capital loss of $3000 a year, with excess loss rolling over indefinitely.

I’m in at $152 (average) with $20k. So, balancing size of my holding with the ability to take the loss mitigates risk to a great extent.

If Boeing tanks and stock drops 30%, I’m only eating the opportunity cost of the return on $6K initially, $3K after a year. This only works with a small investment.

IAM got a surprisingly good offer and I think they will accept something close pretty soon.

You can’t compare Boeing to any other company. They have contracts that guarantee revenue for twenty years or more with only one competitor on the civil side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boeing is at $200 in 18 months. I’m not that concerned, my portfolio is very conservative with only one stock holding and a very small one at that

I never said that I’m waiting 5-10 years for a turnaround. I said that I won’t buy anything I’m not willing to keep for 5-10 years.

You also failed to address my point of how the IRS allows you to take a capital loss of $3000 a year, with excess loss rolling over indefinitely.

I’m in at $152 (average) with $20k. So, balancing size of my holding with the ability to take the loss mitigates risk to a great extent.

If Boeing tanks and stock drops 30%, I’m only eating the opportunity cost of the return on $6K initially, $3K after a year. This only works with a small investment.

IAM got a surprisingly good offer and I think they will accept something close pretty soon.

You can’t compare Boeing to any other company. They have contracts that guarantee revenue for twenty years or more with only one competitor on the civil side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boeing is at $200 in 18 months. I’m not that concerned, my portfolio is very conservative with only one stock holding and a very small one at that
Sounds like you know what you want. May to odds be ever in your favor.

Nothing better than refusing to pay their workers an appropriate wage and benefits, while sending their dogcrap former CEO home with a 45 million dollar golden parachute, then downsizing the company....

He really did some significant damage to the company, and he was an arrogant piece of • to boot. Hopefully he burns in hell one day

Back