"Bob The Salesman" At Pan Am's Phoenix Campus

Re: \"Bob The Salesman\" At Pan Am\'s Phoenix Campus

I will agree with PanAmPilot about getting to review the contract before signing it. However, when I went to enroll, it wasn't until I was in the lady's office signing all the necessary paperwork, before I was given the contract. And when it was given to me, she told me to look it over and ask if I had any questions.. She sat there and waited for me to read it, and put my signature on it. It was your typical business contract which had two or three pages (can't remember exactly how many pages, it was a good 9 months ago) of clauses and subclauses as pertaining to the contract, and what "rights" the school was entitled to (such as raising rates with 14 days notice, etc...)

Anyways, my point is, I think with such an important and "expensive" contract they shouldn't spring it on you as you arrive at the office that day to get enrolled. I would prefer for an attorney or someone with a better understanding of contracts to be able to go over it prior to me signing it. Instead, they spring it on you in a high pressure situation, and when I asked to take it home to have an attorney look over it, she told me that she needed for me to sign it there and then, and I couldn't take it home because she wouldn't be able to process any of my paperwork and get me into my class if I didn't. Extremely reluctantly I signed the contract after studying it as much as I could, but when I left the Pan Am office that day I had a really bad first taste in my mouth about this place, and instead of being overly joyous about finally having the abilitiy to pursue my dream of flying, I instead felt like that I had already been taken advantage of.

And this has happened to everyone that I have talked to... so I know this wasn't an isolated event!

Re: \"Bob The Salesman\" At Pan Am\'s Phoenix Campus

"Nope. Considering I got them a lot of business last year with my review, you'd figure they'd have at least put a link up, I guess!"

Hey Doug,

Did you do the write up on your review? Ifyou did where can i Find it. BTW, this is a great site,very informative. Thanks for setting all this up

-Brian

Back