"Bob The Salesman" At Pan Am's Phoenix Campus

Re: \"Bob The Salesman\" At Pan Am\'s Phoenix Campus

its all about the benjamins baby
smile.gif

Well I'm going to look into taking the courses seperatly and paying for them seperatly, as much as they'd like you do it the other way I'm sure u could do it that way. Hell I'll even have a lawyer talk to them about it if it comes to that! (ah yes.. there are benifits to having lawyer friends
grin.gif
smile.gif

There is a Business Code of Ethics....I'd report any company (aviation or no) that refused a copy of a contract to be reviewed by counsel....Tell the BBB and Chamber of Commerce in the city (FPR or AZ)....

They're just going to keep screwing others until someone stands up to them

Chunk

you used to be able to sign up for things seperatly, only they cost more. like, if you sign up for the whole deal, an hour in the archer was $xx.xx, but if you signed up the other way it went up a few dollars an hour. one of my buddies down here now did that. i think he signed on recently to continue on with Panam through ACE and MEI.

O.K. I thought I would finally speak up about this whole contract thing. When I signed up to go to Pan Am I was given the contract and was asked to look it over before I signed it. Whoever started this whole RUMOR about not being able to see the contract is wrong. It is bad business ethics and Pan Am does not do it. And just to calm all the nerves, Doug can check my ip address and all that jazz to make sure I'm not an underground Pan Am Exec. I was a student who went through the program. Everything Pan Am promised me they have fulfilled. I am now a flight instructor with the school and happy as hell that I have a job that I love. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You started as a ppl got through in ten months, were hired with an airline by 14months spent 53000 dollars! good job!

You've got to be a freakin' idiot if you think you're going to get through any program in the time allotment and within the budget. When I asked Pan Am if those numbers were realistic they were honest and said that if you can pass every mission the first time then that is how it would pan out. They then told me to not be surprised if I did go over because it can happen. Having already gone to another flight school I already knew that was the case. Like I said, if you think that you are going to get it all done with in the time set forth you got another thing coming. I was pretty close though and I even got money back at the end of my contract. Some licenses I went over on and some I went under on. I went under on the multi-engine which can save someone some serious cash, which I did. I hope nobody goes to any flight school with the expectations that everything is going to work out like it does on paper. Pan Am was up front with me when I asked the direct questions.

Yeah, you must be a freakin idiot if you think that it will go as advertised. Geez, any moron would know that their syllabus was never intended to be followed as written. Gee how dumb can you get. I mean, when I go to a store a pick up a pair of pants that are labeled 18.99 and I get to the cash register and they charge 20.99, I mean why would I be surprised.

"Whoever started this whole RUMOR about not being able to see the contract is wrong."

I don't know if you got your contract before or after you got there, but when I asked for it I was told they couldn't send it out and I would have to go to the school to see it. It took me four days to get a hold of it and it was totally unneccesary and a headache. My counselor told me he "could get in trouble" for sending it but that he would if that is what my decision was based on. Jumping through these hoops when I was researching half a dozen schools gave me a bad feeling for the school (this was the only place that did not send it immediately). When I did receive the contract there were a couple of "surprises" I would not have known about until I got there (eg: the exit fee, and clause about NO guarantees whatsoever -although the website says differently). Personally, I think these issues should be disclosed to any potential student BEFORE they arrive or when they tour the campus. If I were them I'd post the stupid thing on the website so it would never be an issue. What's the big secret? They wrote it!

Anyone happen to have a copy of the contract? if so, send me a copy.

i asked for mine months in advance and was faxed a copy right away. maybe someone else had an issue but they were cool about it with me.

I remember when Bob first showed up. Most of Us students and CFIs there slaved for months, years etc to earn gold CFI wings, more epaulette cabbage etc. I know it sounds kind of dumb, but back then it was a way of pushing yourself to get done. Then this f***wit stolls in with 4 bar and gold wings. FYI, non flights ops personnell at PAIFA who choose to wear flight uniform wear shoulder cabbage appropriate to ratings held. Back in thoses days, 4 bars was big s*** to have. Now every twit who does stage checks has them, but abck then, it was the skygods who wore them. Just imagine this imposter in their midst.
His actual qualls are COMM/ME and around 800TT give or take. No CFI. We almost went on strike when we found out.
His in house nickname is Kiwi, with regards to his hair, not because he shags sheep.
My most enduring memory of kwi, however, is briefing a couple of students in flight ops when he comes marching in with tour in tow, and proceeds to sing the praises of DVT, showing them key airport features on a chart of SDL. One of the tour party members, who happened to be a UAL 744 driver, pointed out that there were 2 runways outside, and the chart had only 1. Kiwi glared at him and ushered the tour elsewhere in silence, undoubtedly to fill their heads with BS about something or other. The UAL guy, his son, me and 2 OATS students were almost pi$$ing ourselves with laughter, I left shortly after, but everytime I think of that twit, I can still laugh like hell.
P.S. For everyone who wants to knwo what he looks like, watch Lt. Castillo from Miami Vice. Dead Ringer!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm do I know you PanAmPilot? When did you become an instructor? Ohhh and was your instructor Mike Brenner? Anyway, Cheers

P.S. Your one of the 2% that does come out of PanAm with a CFI job...soooo congrats
blush.gif

Hey Panampilot and PA44-

when did you guys go to pan am? maybe we crossed paths?

You know what, sorry Mr. PanAm. I will apologize for that post. It's time for me to turn over a new leaf. I'm going to try and stop dissing you Panamers, and be a nice guy for once. Like momma says, if you don't have anything nice to say than don't say anything at all.

Back