Bill Seeks to Allow Airlines Access to Cockpit Conversations

Re: Bill Seeks to Allow Airlines Access to Cockpit Conversat

Oh, and by the way, you already can monitor your elected officials. It's called CSPAN

That's just the "on the floor" stuff....I'm interested in the "secret" meetings, mwhahaha!

If this BS POS ever becomes a law, I'll volunteer myself as the first CVR pulled for the public record.

The good news is none of it will be able to make the news. Expect the transcript to be full of [redacted due to language] :crazy:

I bounced this off my roomates... and they actually think this is a good idea. "You can see what the busdriver is doing while he has your life in his hands... Why not pilots too! We have a right to know about our safety."

Allowing companies to monitor, and take action against crews by using the cvr/ video data will create a level of fear that will thwart safety. It's not a good idea, anybody who understands human factors, understands this.

I find it terrifying that anyone could so misunderstand the most basic nature of cooperative decision-making and somehow be in public office.

I seem to remember reading that that practice was discontinued after AA191 as it was thought that the passengers were made aware of their impending doom by the video feed.

How terrible that they would have been emotionally traumatized only moments before their death in the fireball.

Back