Biden's FAA pick is named in search warrant

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
LA County. Why am I not surprised...

CNN —

The White House plans to allow the nomination process to play out for President Joe Biden’s pick to be the next administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, Phil Washington, after his name emerged in a recent search warrant issued as part of a political corruption investigation in Los Angeles.

The warrant – issued earlier this month on multiple locations, including the home of Los Angeles County Supervisor for District 3 Sheila Kuehl – sought more information related to potential favoritism in the awarding of contracts by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority. The contracts were sole-sourced to a nonprofit run by a friend of Kuehl.

I know nothing about this Phil Washington, but, noted gang-affiliated organization complete with tattoos, the LA County Sheriff's Office, served several warrants today around this topic, including one to a member of their civilian oversight committee.

Sheriff Villanueva has made themself a lot of enemies, and I think they might get a whole of attention this week.

I know nothing about this Phil Washington, but, noted gang-affiliated organization complete with tattoos, the LA County Sheriff's Office, served several warrants today around this topic, including one to a member of their civilian oversight committee.

Sheriff Villanueva has made themself a lot of enemies, and I think they might get a whole of attention this week.
Villanueva is a Democrat that I support. Unlike the Chief of the LAPD who's hired by the board of supervisors, the sheriff is an elected position. He's repeatedly told the board to go pound sand and they don't like it, but he doesn't work for them so they're trying to pass legislation to allow them to fire him and he still won't buckle. When all of the defund the police and ACAB nonsense was going on he never wavered. He's got a backbone, he's not progressive enough for the board and I hope he keeps his job.

Back