Beech 1900 versus Metroliner

I hate to tell you this but the metro will be kicking your behind here and there for quite some time!

I have that t-shirt also!

I became quite the pro with deferred nosewheel steering also.
Meh... :)

What I was getting at was getting used to the noises, where my eyes need to go, and it's flying characteristics(particularly when making corrections). 10 more hours will take care of most of this, which is all I need to pass a checkride. But yes, probably 50-100 hours before I'm as comfortable in it as I was in the 99.

Real airplanes have round engines. If you don't have a blown jug or two under your belt go home! :)
Be18's used to be the lexicon of freight dogs. What has this world come to?

Into the 90's, there was one flying cargo out of BWI and a DC-3 (Academy) flying cargo out of IAD.

Real airplanes have round engines. If you don't have a blown jug or two under your belt go home! :)
Be18's used to be the lexicon of freight dogs. What has this world come to?

There used to be an operator in Florida, but I think that's all shut down now

Nobody in the real world cares if you have 1900 vs Metro time. A Metro gives you street cred? Please. They are both 19 pax planes that were converted to fly freight. They both require a type rating, and they both go 270 KTS true, give or take.

From a friend who has flown both, the 1900 is a pilot's dream aircraft and the Metro is the mechanics nightmare because it's always written up............:oops:

Boris Badenov said:
Did you fly a 1900 with afterburners? A Marquise would smoke a 1900 (C, anyway), but a Metro? Well, I might win, but I'd have to be cagey about it. Don't worry, I was cagey.

Da "D" was fast, but not that fast!

Did you fly a 1900 with afterburners? A Marquise would smoke a 1900 (C, anyway), but a Metro? Well, I might win, but I'd have to be cagey about it. Don't worry, I was cagey.
Its been a couple years since I flew the hundo, I guess I high-balled it? I find real entertainment from metro drivers talking all about how much faster it is than the 1900 :)

Rod Machado said, presciently, that you have your own set of problems in larger airplanes, but generally, getting away from them is not one of them. He's right.

I was referring to "street cred". I wouldn't give any more credit to a guy flying a 747-100 on a wheely office chair single pilot than the guy flying a 210. All single pilot freight dogs get equal acknowledgement that they're awesome from me. Though I'd maybe want to hear about how the 747 guy dealt with turbulence. :)

I don't have anything constructive to add, I just wanted to piss people off by quoting this behemoth.

angry-computer-meme.png

If you're flying beechtrash now the metro might show you can handle different airplanes. Plus king airs have to be the most boring thing to fly. I really do hate it. When they talk about pilots falling asleep flying they're talking about king airs.
If you do fly a fly a garrett you'll know why we love them the first time you taxi it. You'll love them once you're in the air.

If you're flying beechtrash now the metro might show you can handle different airplanes. Plus king airs have to be the most boring thing to fly. I really do hate it. When they talk about pilots falling asleep flying they're talking about king airs.
If you do fly a fly a garrett you'll know why we love them the first time you taxi it. You'll love them once you're in the air.

Or why it's only a PITA with deferred steering and not "OMG I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!"

Or why it's only a PITA with deferred steering and not "OMG I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!"
I've never flown a metro but unless an engine fails you shouldn't need anything but a castering nosewheel.

In my experience airplanes with Garretts were designed for a pilot. Airplanes with pratts were designed for lawyers.

Back