Be careful....

Whats crazy/sad/frustrating is that most facilities have a person like this, I would say. The career long trainee who files complaints about everything the minute it becomes apparent he/she cannot actually separate aircraft and issue safety alerts. Nothing is ever this persons fault, and everybody else needs to just work around them because management is too afraid of the threat of a lawsuit for EEO stuff that they just let it all go. "They'll get better after they certify".

Agency wide, staffing is so terrible that alot of places feel forced to sign everyone off because god dammit, we need the bodies, and you may suck at this job but getting you certified is my only hope of ever getting off 6 day work weeks. Then factor in all the COVID sign offs who management rushed through in order to pretend like our staffing was better, who have never seen real traffic in their entire training career, now on their own and struggling mightily. I see it literally every day at work, working around weak controllers who get completely overwhelmed the second traffic picks up and have no business on the radio.

Whats sad is that the FAA is just going to move and/or promote this guy again, or come up with some stupid rule about having every position in the facility split at 630AM, all because this one idiot that from the sounds of it never should have been working AUS Tower by himself to begin with tried to slam his only two planes together, and from what the tapes sound, make absolutely no effort to ever separate them.

Whats crazy is that from what Ive read, there wasnt anybody coming in behind FDX either. It wouldve been a 2-3 min wait for the SWA to go off safely, and this wouldnt be national news. Just absolutely no excuse for that decision from the tower controller.

And at some point they move on and work FOR the FAA

Next best thing is having the cabin outflow valves in the front bulkhead of the Lear 45. The Lav might be in the back, but all the airflow goes right past the pilot's noses...
35’s were like that too. Most excellent when the med crew in the back was doing mouth care to someone on a vent.

Next best thing is having the cabin outflow valves in the front bulkhead of the Lear 45. The Lav might be in the back, but all the airflow goes right past the pilot's noses...

I thought corp jets had the same rules as a bus....No #2 allowed.....

Last edited:
Had a similar deal years back in SFO. Approach wanted us something at like 3,000' and 210 until the bridge in the RJ. Went around and tower wanted to know why we were such morans. Told them "crap vectors".

about a month ago during one of those Pineapple Express events we were going in to SFO with legit thunderstorms. Inside the marker in rain but nothing too bad, storm is off the final. Tower calls a microburst alert for +45kt on the runway threshold and asks a United if they want to cancel their takeoff clearance and wait (they do). I elect to go around. The tower acts surprised and asks the FO “say reason for go around!” Like bruh you did this to yourself, and thanks for the advisory!

about a month ago during one of those Pineapple Express events we were going in to SFO with legit thunderstorms. Inside the marker in rain but nothing too bad, storm is off the final. Tower calls a microburst alert for +45kt on the runway threshold and asks a United if they want to cancel their takeoff clearance and wait (they do). I elect to go around. The tower acts surprised and asks the FO “say reason for go around!” Like bruh you did this to yourself, and thanks for the advisory!
Some of the ATCers can comment, but I believe “say reason for go around” is a required/standard call following a pilot initiated go around and shouldn’t be considered questioning the pilots decision to do so.

Back