Battle for Eastern Airlines

skyw82

Don't know if this has been posted before but this is a good frontline documentary on eastern airlines during the Lorenzo era.

Part 2

My mom used to work for Eastern. I have a soft spot, and some of their merchandise floating around my apartment. Mugs, coffee cups, hats, shirts, etc... anyways... Frank Lorenzo is a dick, end of story.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting video. Very telling is watching Charlie Bryan talk about saving Eastern money, while Lorenzo uses his interview to laugh at Charlie losing his "annual gold pass." It was always about ego and winning a war with labor to Lorenzo. It was never about profits or success for his companies.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting video. Very telling is watching Charlie Bryan talk about saving Eastern money, while Lorenzo uses his interview to laugh at Charlie losing his "annual gold pass." It was always about ego and winning a war with labor to Lorenzo. It was never about profits or success for his companies.

If you and Lorenzo sat down to a steak dinner at a fine restaurant, what would the dinner conversation be about? :)

this show was made before Eastern shut down.

Yes, but Eastern was on its death bed the day Lorenzo bought them. His only goal was to shut them down and grow Continental from the ashes.

I've flown with a couple Eastern guys at Airways that came over through the Trump merger. They've been absolutely awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but Eastern was on its death bed the day Lorenzo bought them. His only goal was to shut them down and grow Continental from the ashes.

I've flown with a couple Eastern guys at Airways that came over through the Trump merger. They've been absolutely awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thise guys got a good deal with the merger.

If you and Lorenzo sat down to a steak dinner at a fine restaurant, what would the dinner conversation be about? :)

"Explain in 60 seconds or less why I should allow you to continue to breathe."

:D

I saw that video a while back.... really interesting stuff.

Every now and again I'm reminded of it as the AAG/AS/QX triangle seems to use a strategy or two from Lorenzo's playbook. We're always playing "hide the money."

My best friend.

My BEST FRIEND...

...crossed the Eastern picket line.

(I'm kidding)

My mom used to work for Eastern. I have a soft spot, and some of their merchandise floating around my apartment. Mugs, coffee cups, hats, shirts, etc... anyways... Frank Lorenzo is a dick, end of story.
So let me get this right, your mom's airlines was killed with the help of scabs but you are cool with scabs at United.

Back