Battle for Eastern Airlines

If it weren't for the company, we wouldn't have a job.

If it weren't for the union, we wouldn't have people watching out for our interests.

If it weren't for for Evil Corporations and Greedy Unions, we wouldn't have all these problems.

Which statement is a broad generalization?

I figure it's like this.

You wouldn't have a contract without collective bargaining.

The collective bargaining agreement is the "fruit" of the work of collective bargaining.

If one wants to enjoy that 'fruit', you absolutely must realize that it didn't suddenly beam down from outerspace like Spock on Planet Vulcan before Nero destroyed it.

Screw it, nevermind.

I lost my place, I'm a little pissy after my tirade against a couple users in The Lavatory. I'm going to go dig in the fridge for a beverage.

That said, I don't accept the premise that the union stands on the moral high ground when it comes to labor disputes. Many a good company has been destroyed by union actions. Eastern was one of them. The people I referenced above ignore the fact that Eastern was in trouble long before Lorenzo showed up. Lorenzo only became involved when Borman sold Eastern to Texas Air, and the only reason he sold it was because he couldn't get what he needed from the unions to make it work. Lorenzo was no saint, but he hardly bears all the responsibility for Eastern's demise.

You didn't actually watch the video, did you? Due to union initiatives, Eastern was making money the year before Lorenzo was involved. Borman panicked due to some abnormal fuel spikes.

There are some people without which the world would be a better place. Lorenzo is one of them.

Wow. Do you call people whom you disagree with 'crackpot idiots' and spit in their faces in the real world? How does that work out for you? Or are you just a tough angry individual on the Internet?

Haven't had to spit in anybody's face yet. I haven't run into Frank Lorenzo, though, and he's about the only one deserving of it.

As far as calling people crackpot idiots, yes, and I've called people worse to their faces, too. Don't expect to be coddled if you want to peddle ignorance.

Haven't had to spit in anybody's face yet. I haven't run into Frank Lorenzo, though, and he's about the only one deserving of it.

As far as calling people crackpot idiots, yes, and I've called people worse to their faces, too. Don't expect to be coddled if you want to peddle ignorance.

Well if in the real world...you have to 'spit in people's faces' ..or you meet Lorenzo in person...please let us know how that works our for you. In the real world...not on jetcareers.
And you question other people certifications?

Well if in the real world...you have to 'spit in people's faces' ..or you meet Lorenzo in person...please let us know how that works our for you. In the real world...not on jetcareers.
And you question other people certifications?

Are you not aware of who this guy is? Do you not understand that he wore a bulletproof vest under his suit to the office every day and carried his own gun, despite also having his own security team, because he was so frightened that one of his employees would kill him?

But hey, if you want to defend a sleazeball, go right ahead. Speaks volumes about you.

Are you not aware of who this guy is? Do you not understand that he wore a bulletproof vest under his suit to the office every day and carried his own gun, despite also having his own security team, because he was so frightened that one of his employees would kill him?

But hey, if you want to defend a sleazeball, go right ahead. Speaks volumes about you.

Please show me where I defended Lorenzo. Show me the statement please.

It seems to me that it was pretty obviously implied.

Gotta disagree with ya there man. You can simultaneously think Lorenzo is a slimeball and that you're only a tough guy on the interwebz. He wasn't defending Lorenzo, but rather questioning your real-life chutzpah. At least, that's how I saw it. :)

Back