Battle for Eastern Airlines

LOL, this forum makes me laugh, thanks for that.
Glad I can return the laughs, because the more you post the more you look like a bigger joke. Me and a few others have tried to be nice to you. But you can't keep from posting BS. Stop posting for a few weeks/months your full name is well known and I know for a fact members of a few airlines HR department read this site.

Yes, but Eastern was on its death bed the day Lorenzo bought them. His only goal was to shut them down and grow Continental from the ashes.

I've flown with a couple Eastern guys at Airways that came over through the Trump merger. They've been absolutely awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flew with a few at Southernjets who were ex Eastern. They were awesome guys. Perhaps the best CA I ever flew with was ex Eastern and NWA. He retired in 2011 I believe after having flown the DC9 just about his whole civilian career. I was lucky enough to fly two 5 days in one month with him and we had an absolute blast. Interestingly we flew a DC9 together which he has flown at THREE different airlines. Southernjets has a few ex EAL DC9-50's that they inherited from EAL -> NWA.

He had a fantastic story about one of Air Tran's CP's who he was not so fond of.

Some of the Eastern guys I've flown with, well, two of them, weren't scabs.

I've only flown with one scab in my airline career and that was a former AA flight attendant.

I didn't know until the captain asked, "What year did you leave AA?", did the math and that was pretty much our last "non-operational" contact that leg.

Flew with a few at Southernjets who were ex Eastern. They were awesome guys. Perhaps the best CA I ever flew with was ex Eastern and NWA. He retired in 2011 I believe after having flown the DC9 just about his whole civilian career. I was lucky enough to fly two 5 days in one month with him and we had an absolute blast. Interestingly we flew a DC9 together which he has flown at THREE different airlines. Southernjets has a few ex EAL DC9-50's that they inherited from EAL -> NWA.
I'm definitely unworthy.

If you and Lorenzo sat down to a steak dinner at a fine restaurant, what would the dinner conversation be about? :)

I'd ask Hulas right next to him what are the drink specials.
(If I'm forced to be a part of this dinner of course)

I honestly understand the "Lorenzo is Satan" meme. You all do understand though that the CAL SCABS in 83 were the key to Lorenzo becoming the full-on Satan though, correct? Many of you are likely ALPA brothers with the very people that enabled him. Never understood that at all.

Talk about beating a dead horse. Many of you were in grade school when it happened. Many more weren't even born yet. Stop acting as though you were out walking the picket line.

It was 25 years ago. It's over and done with. Get over it.

Talk about beating a dead horse. Many of you were in grade school when it happened. Many more weren't even born yet. Stop acting as though you were out walking the picket line.

A SCAB is a SCAB until the day he dies. Never forget what they've done. Why are you so passionate about this?

A SCAB is a SCAB until the day he dies. Never forget what they've done. Why are you so passionate about this?

Actually, I was talking about people's attitudes towards Lorenzo and Eastern. My point being that so many people displaying their anti-Lorenzo attitudes were no where near Eastern, the industry, or the profession when it all happened. I was in college at the time and while I found it interesting, I wasn't emotionally invested in the outcome. It just business. You want a friend? Get a puppy.

That said, I don't accept the premise that the union stands on the moral high ground when it comes to labor disputes. Many a good company has been destroyed by union actions. Eastern was one of them. The people I referenced above ignore the fact that Eastern was in trouble long before Lorenzo showed up. Lorenzo only became involved when Borman sold Eastern to Texas Air, and the only reason he sold it was because he couldn't get what he needed from the unions to make it work. Lorenzo was no saint, but he hardly bears all the responsibility for Eastern's demise.

I honestly understand the "Lorenzo is Satan" meme. You all do understand though that the CAL SCABS in 83 were the key to Lorenzo becoming the full-on Satan though, correct? Many of you are likely ALPA brothers with the very people that enabled him. Never understood that at all.

What you seem to miss is that most of us don't consider them to be "brothers." They're allowed to wear the pin and be members because the courts won't let us treat them differently. It was either accept them as members to get the loyal CAL pilots into the union, or leave the CAL pilots to fend for themselves, the vast majority of whom were either loyal strikers or not even hired when the strike took place.

rocketman5150 said:

Once a scab, always a scab and a worthless POS for life. By the way, you may consider changing your user name, I'm sure Rocketman99 doesn't appreciate having a feminine hygiene product associated with his user name....

Once a scab, always a scab and a worthless POS for life. By the way, you may consider changing your user name, I'm sure Rocketman99 doesn't appreciate having a feminine hygiene product associated with his user name....

Again, I wasn't talking about strikes and replacement workers, and whatever else gets you going. I was talking about people who had nothing to do with Eastern Airlines acting all indignant about what happened, as though they were right there on the front lines. Were you even alive when this all went down?

People can knock off the personal attacks here too. Because if not, I can ensure they're knocked off pretty easily. Consider yourselves warned.

And yeah, for a reality check people, whatever happened at Eastern and how bad it was (which it was); people here getting personally angry about it to where they lose their cool towards others......when they weren't even alive during that time or even remotely involved in the industry; is akin to me being personally and outwardly angry and getting my blood pressure up towards the North Vietnamese and VC due to their initiating the Tet Offensive of '68.

People can knock off the personal attacks here too. Because if not, I can ensure they're knocked off pretty easily. Consider yourselves warned.

And yeah, for a reality check people, whatever happened at Eastern and how bad it was (which it was); people here getting personally angry about it to where they lose their cool towards others......when they weren't even alive during that time or even remotely involved in the industry; is akin to me being personally and outwardly angry and getting my blood pressure up towards the North Vietnamese and VC due to their initiating the Tet Offensive of '68.

Hey man...I was born in '69, so I'm practically a Vietnam vet. Have flashbacks of Charlie and stuff.

Back