B737 Talk

How did they get someone in a jumpseat instructing and someone else videoing? I didn’t think there was enough room for that :bounce:! Also I love that the FO is videoing too.

Sterile cockpit, FO filming when he should be monitoring flight path and airspeed, jumpseater filming, unstabilized approach, incorrect approach preparation, landing outside the touchdown zone and failure to execute a go around my my LLCP would probably pistol whip me if I didn't remove them from flying status at the gate.

Man, this makes my former flight standards brain itch on so many levels.

How did they get someone in a jumpseat instructing and someone else videoing? I didn’t think there was enough room for that :bounce:! Also I love that the FO is videoing too.

Sterile cockpit, FO filming when he should be monitoring flight path and airspeed, jumpseater filming, unstabilized approach, incorrect approach preparation, landing outside the touchdown zone and failure to execute a go around my my LLCP would probably pistol whip me if I didn't remove them from flying status at the gate.

I believe that exact 737-300 was one of the jets destroyed on the ramp at Khartoum airport in Sudan by mortar fire the other day.

“Is that all?”

“No…….. I signed a petition to change Air Lines to Airlines”

BF53194-C-0-C27-4-B53-9-D07-D4-D5107-CADB7.webp

So much tomfoolery that they were able to block out "SINK RATE....BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE....SINK RATE". Poor old airplane. The jump seater saying "Do not worry" was my favorite part.

I have a 737 question for you: How often do you activate they standby hydraulic system?

I'm asking because I suspect this is a sitaution of "same equipment operated differently."

Yeah, stadby rudder or arming alternate flaps. Relatively small electric motor-driven pump mounted behind the wing-body fairing on NGs, or between the main gear on the older jets.

I have a 737 question for you: How often do you activate they standby hydraulic system?

I'm asking because I suspect this is a sitaution of "same equipment operated differently."

I can only hope to assume this is being done on the ground as some check/flow rather than airborne?

You really got check all the switches after maintenance has been in the cockpit. They would move stuff around that never gets touched and then leave it like that.

You really got check all the switches after maintenance has been in the cockpit. They would move stuff around that never gets touched and then leave it like that.

We had that in one of the aircraft I used to fly. Switches that would never be turned off, we’d find the item not working, but no one would check the switch immediately because the switch is never normally ever off.

What happened, was Mx got their ass jumped by their own QA people. QA had been going out to the aircraft after Mx had done a postflight, and was writing up the Mx folks and dinging them for leaving switches “on”. The idea being, if it has an on/off switch, then it must be off when the aircraft is post-flighted, turned, and secured by Mx. This clown act went on and on by QA.

Back