B737 Talk

I’m not an airline guy so I’m probably out of my depth on this but….really sounds to me like you’re trying way too hard and coming up with a “the sim instructor just wants to • with you” scenario

I’m not an airline guy so I’m probably out of my depth on this but….really sounds to me like you’re trying way too hard and coming up with a “the sim instructor just wants to • with you” scenario

He'll probably get hired by our checking department to come up with the next multi failure nightmare scenario that forces you to hand fly into a runway like Juneau, Jackson Hole or Santa Barbara. You know, to cement in really bad decision making.

Oh no mr check airman don’t make me hand fly into juneau anything but that

I hand fly in there all the time. No bigs. During normal ops.

The thing is it's a really bad idea to land at say SBA with a navigation and hydraulic failure. When LAX or other super long runways are available. In fact I'd say it reenforces bad decision making. But that was last years LOFT.

This year they force us into JNU on the LDA but I don't know the mechanism for it. At every single shop I've worked at the multi failure that drives one to make bad decisions has always been scoffed at, except the Eskimo.

The thing is it's a really bad idea to land at say SBA with a navigation and hydraulic failure. When LAX or other super long runways are available. In fact I'd say it reenforces bad decision making. But that was last years LOFT.

This year they force us into JNU on the LDA but I don't know the mechanism for it. At every single shop I've worked at the multi failure that drives one to make bad decisions has always been scoffed at, except the Eskimo.
Even 135 trash doesn’t use the LDA anymore

Let’s be fair, the SBA scenario was on day 1 which is the training LOFT. Actual checkeide day 3 was not SBA.

LDAs are a joke, it’s still LNAV/VNAV and AP on. Now you might have a failure that forces you to perhaps fly it in a different mode.

Even 135 trash doesn’t use the LDA anymore

Apparently we do with FMC backup but you have to hand jam the missed in. They force us to see what amazing checking they do by creating this wildly stupid scenario.

We need to just make a wall covered with their pictures so they stop taking out their insecurities on us. We could call it the Hall Of Legends or something similiar.... oh wait.

Apparently we do with FMC backup but you have to hand jam the missed in. They force us to see what amazing checking they do by creating this wildly stupid scenario.

We need to just make a wall covered with their pictures so they stop taking out their insecurities on us. We could call it the Hall Of Legends or something similiar.... oh wait.
Don’t have to fly the missed if you don’t go missed

*for legal reasons this is a joke

We have to with surprising regularity when the Taku winds are blowing. Does the missed on yours take you down the channel?
No, our fancy new approach still has a 180° turn for the missed. I wish we had a departure down the channel. If only someone who did was hiring…wait. I’ll be back I have some paperwork to fill out

SE AK is the only part of the state I haven’t gotten to fly in, I look forward to experiencing it. From the sim session we did in JNU during training it reminds me of DUT.

Back