B6 hiring

B6 could pay whatever they like. Its located in the largest metro in the US and NY’ers dont like to leave NY. Its the only 121 carrier dispatching in NE. If they move to florida even though its cheaper thats how they would lose talent and become a revolving door. As long as they stay in NY they can run a monopoly. Dispatchers would complain about pay but none of them are leaving and id imagine they have lots of immigrant dispatchers their with most of their families/extended families living in the tristate area so wont leave.

B6 could pay whatever they like. Its located in the largest metro in the US and NY’ers dont like to leave NY. Its the only 121 carrier dispatching in NE. If they move to florida even though its cheaper thats how they would lose talent and become a revolving door. As long as they stay in NY they can run a monopoly. Dispatchers would complain about pay but none of them are leaving and id imagine they have lots of immigrant dispatchers their with most of their families/extended families living in the tristate area so wont leave.

Thats one of the downsides of the proposed merger. Florida and NYC both attract two different kind of people. If either one were to close down in a post merger consolidation, there would be a huge amount that would not make the move. They could maintain multiple operations centers but the trend with mergers has always been to have one single location where the combined airline operation is managed.

DAL, UAL, AAL, SWA, Atlas, AS, 9E, XJT all merged into one location.

Scale to show LUP and ETOPs pay

2023.2024 scale.png

Biggest takeaway I can provide is you dont have to live in NYC to work here, you just gotta be at work when scheduled. There are plenty of commuters and folk who live in Jersey. Company isn't forcing us to live there, it isn't a requirement. You get told day one. Take that into account when considering it all. Not a NY-as-a-home fan? Just ensure you don't mind extended time from your home so you can, you know. Work.

my company is going thru a new contract right now, do they normally increase at the same percent for all years or like this?

Old PayScale---------New PayScale-------Increase

Year 1 $69,770 ------Year 1 $77,024-------10.3%
Year 2 $75,758 ------Year 2 $81,791-------7.9%
Year 3 $82,076-------Year 3 $87,602-------6.7%
Year 4 $86,664-------Year 4 $92,919-------7.2%
Year 5 $92,010-------Year 5 $102,793-----11.7%
Year 6 $96,131-------Year 6 $109,629-----14.4%
Year 7 $101,282------Year 7 $116,940-----15.4%
Year 8 $105,579------Year 8 $122,460-----15.9%
Year 9 $112,091------Year 9 $129,360-----15.4%
Year 10 $116,135-----Year 10 $135,560---16.7%
Year 11 $125,369-----Year 11 $142,760---13.8%
Year 12 $131,298-----Year 12 $153,850---17.1%

Last edited:
my company is going thru a new contract right now, do they normally increase at the same percent for all years or like this?

Old PayScale---------New PayScale-------Increase

Year 1 $69,770 ------Year 1 $77,024-------10.3%
Year 2 $75,758 ------Year 2 $81,791-------7.9%
Year 3 $82,076-------Year 3 $87,602-------6.7%
Year 4 $86,664-------Year 4 $92,919-------7.2%
Year 5 $92,010-------Year 5 $102,793-----11.7%
Year 6 $96,131-------Year 6 $109,629-----14.4%
Year 7 $101,282------Year 7 $116,940-----15.4%
Year 8 $105,579------Year 8 $122,460-----15.9%
Year 9 $112,091------Year 9 $129,360-----15.4%
Year 10 $116,135-----Year 10 $135,560---16.7%
Year 11 $125,369-----Year 11 $142,760---13.8%
Year 12 $131,298-----Year 12 $153,850---17.1%
I think it's safe to say most do not consistently go up in a linear fashion. But when moving from left to right in the chart they usually go up at the same percentage.
The last contract negotiations I sat through we pushed for a linear scale because the scale was such a mess. The unfortunate aspect of finally getting a linear scale is that some had massive raises while others were relatively flat. But at least going forward it will be straightforward and fair for everyone.

How nice of the company to match Alaska's already outdated pay and not try to match Southwest industry leading pay. Unions are good folks

nice contradiction considering Alaska has a union. Besides pay, B6 gets a lot more than most airlines so you have to look at the whole package.

The only other airline I know of that gets 9 weeks of vacation time is perhaps Atlas with their new contract.

i’m glad i’m clueless as to what it’s like over there, because it doesn’t look great. and other b6 employees in here complaining about the contract doesn’t look great either

i’m glad i’m clueless as to what it’s like over there, because it doesn’t look great. and other b6 employees in here complaining about the contract doesn’t look great either

if it doesn’t look great then why aren’t people leaving in droves? There’s a total of one b6 employee on here that is complaining lol. So your argument is futile. Based on your post history looks like you’re at southwest. Brand new and already looking down at other shops/dispatchers who work for airlines that just don’t make as much as the big 4. You think we don’t want more money? Who doesn’t? The reality is JetBlue just doesn’t make as much yet to offer that kind of money. We’re all hoping that if/when the NK acquisition happens this will all change.

maybe because the only major hiring in droves is united, and from all accounts i’ve heard, it’s not that great of a place to be right now

i’m just a big troll (obviously) because b6 guys were all in the nk threads giving their unwanted opinions. i do believe things will get better post-acquisition, and i really hope they do because i have friends at both carriers. i don’t think b6 new contract is bad, i just think people were expecting more

i clearly have nothing of value to add to this thread though, so i’m out.. sorry 😅

Unless you’re local with no plans of ever leaving NYC there is absolutely no reason anyone should go to B6 with that laughable payscale. Might as well go to Hawaiian and get nice beaches out of it.
True unless you know, you actually wanna life in the NE? like many do. No one is forcing you to live in NYC or places like Manhattan where rent is ridiculous. When you compare Queens and Seattle the COL is essentially the same thing. So it really just depends where you want to live. The pay scale is laughable to you and maybe some others but the consensus on the floor is most are quite happy with it, especially the higher seniority people.

I’m relatively new and not a native New Yorker and I’m quite happy with the pay and benefits. There’s also a ton of upside at JetBlue which is what attracted me to them as well. Sure NYC is not for everyone but if you want to work with a great group of people and have everything the tri-state area has to offer, b6 is a solid career destination. I’ve turned down an interview at the big 4 recently knowing this and having lived here for a few years already.

To each their own

True unless you know, you actually wanna life in the NE? like many do. No one is forcing you to live in NYC or places like Manhattan where rent is ridiculous. When you compare Queens and Seattle the COL is essentially the same thing. So it really just depends where you want to live. The pay scale is laughable to you and maybe some others but the consensus on the floor is most are quite happy with it, especially the higher seniority people.

I’m relatively new and not a native New Yorker and I’m quite happy with the pay and benefits. There’s also a ton of upside at JetBlue which is what attracted me to them as well. Sure NYC is not for everyone but if you want to work with a great group of people and have everything the tri-state area has to offer, b6 is a solid career destination. I’ve turned down an interview at the big 4 recently knowing this and having lived here for a few years already.

To each their own
Don’t feed into these trolls. Most of these guys never lived or have even been to NYC in their life. They’re looking into the rent in Central Park tower and complaining they can’t live there on a dispatch salary.

Making 168k on a 6 week dispatch course is laughable in itself.

Last edited:
if it doesn’t look great then why aren’t people leaving in droves? There’s a total of one b6 employee on here that is complaining lol. So your argument is futile. Based on your post history looks like you’re at southwest. Brand new and already looking down at other shops/dispatchers who work for airlines that just don’t make as much as the big 4. You think we don’t want more money? Who doesn’t? The reality is JetBlue just doesn’t make as much yet to offer that kind of money. We’re all hoping that if/when the NK acquisition happens this will all change.

Right there with you on hoping that the pay change comes with the merger. Not to add more Jet A to the fire, but that's hilarious if the SWA thing is true. Some from that group seem to have a certain demeanor around these parts. Can you blame them though? They do work for one of the majors, really, one of the big four. Did I mention that they are based out of Dallas?

Right there with you on hoping that the pay change comes with the merger. Not to add more Jet A to the fire, but that's hilarious if the SWA thing is true. Some from that group seem to have a certain demeanor around these parts. Can you blame them though? They do work for one of the majors, really, one of the big four. Did I mention that they are based out of Dallas?
a buddy told me it was big three, that other one being a LCC

Back