Avelo

Just for comparison in factor of F’d. This is what happens when it rains and the Wing Walker is already checked out because it’s Friday….

12231b1aef68ebad12cb0e814a25feb5.jpg

There’s stuck… and then there’s Army Stuck!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched an Avelo go into HVN on radar right through the middle of a nasty line of thunderstorms. I had landed at SNC to let that garbage blow over before continuing on to HPN. It spawned an F1 tornado a few minutes later as it passed over Westerly/Pawcatuck.

Just for comparison in factor of F’d. This is what happens when it rains and the Wing Walker is already checked out because it’s Friday….

12231b1aef68ebad12cb0e814a25feb5.jpg

I see the tug driver may not understand the meaning of the yellow line.

I see the tug driver may not understand the meaning of the yellow line.

In all fairness this was like the 3rd such incident.

Those taxiways were never designed for anything but Kiowa’s to operate on. They actually pushed it a little forward and got it to sit a little more upright (not lean on the rocket pod) but the tractor didn’t have the umph to push it any further in the soup/dirt.

The guy with his head turned was the owner of that aircraft (Company Commander) trying to figure out how to tell his boss (the most toxic commander in the Army) this just happened and ruin what would have been an otherwise easy Friday.

In all fairness this was like the 3rd such incident.

Those taxiways were never designed for anything but Kiowa’s to operate on. They actually pushed it a little forward and got it to sit a little more upright (not lean on the rocket pod) but the tractor didn’t have the umph to push it any further in the soup/dirt.

The guy with his head turned was the owner of that aircraft (Company Commander) trying to figure out how to tell his boss (the most toxic commander in the Army) this just happened and ruin what would have been an otherwise easy Friday.

deuce and a half or 5 ton, or M88, and a couple of chains to the main landing gear tie downs, should do it?

deuce and a half or 5 ton, or M88, and a couple of chains to the main landing gear tie downs, should do it?

They actually crane’d it out easy….then proceeded to nearly get the crane stuck in the mud.

A rotor is a wing in rotation at constant speed …

Which to fixed wing people reads as “Klatu Verata Niktu” or something like that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again today, and to the end of times. You helicopter pilots are practitioners of sorcery and witchcraft. It's the only reason a helicopter flies.

I see a perfectly flying helicopter all of a sudden start spinning and then slam into the ground.

"Oh, that's classic LTE!"

You mean the winds shift and that sends that flying death machine into a spiral? What other explanation is there other than "helicopter flies due to pure magic and sorcery/witchcraft practicing pilots."

A rotor is a wing in rotation at constant speed …

Which to fixed wing people reads as “Klatu Verata Niktu” or something like that.

If it's not fixed, the you must acquit...or something like that.

They call it a rotary "wing" to justify how insane that a helicopter manages to get off the ground on a consistent basis and "fly". This statement must be true because I've read it on the internet...somewhere.

If it's not fixed, the you must acquit...or something like that.

They call it a rotary "wing" to justify how insane that a helicopter manages to get off the ground on a consistent basis and "fly". This statement must be true because I've read it on the internet...somewhere.

Just think of it as a giant constant speed prop…

Now the hard thing to understand is transverse flow….

Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KLB
At KFAT I saw a PSA 727 do the same right in front of the tower. The right main sank so far in the mud the nose wheel came off the ground. Sat like that for three days.

KBWG, 11/14/2013

@TallWeeds and I landed in Laredo to clear customs just as Kalitta was leaving. Both destined for Bowling Green, Kentucky, but with us payed by the mile, we hauled ass clearing customs and on-loading fuel. Big Kalitta is different, but Charters as usual was in a ragged out bird crewed by dirtbags. We had a Super27, the second to last 727 ever built. With all that extra thrust, we out-climbed Kalitta and cruised faster. Just before top of descent we finally passed them and landed at the tiny uncontrolled GA airport late at night, claiming the only parking spot big enough for a Boeing. A few minutes later as I as installing the tailstand, I watched as the FBO ramper marshaled Kalitta into their temporary parking spot on a taxiway...and into the dirt hole created by @TallWeeds a few weeks earlier.

IMG_0668-Edit-Edit.jpg

The average helicopter pilot is a better seat of the pants pilot than any average fixed wing pilot with double the hours. If you don't believe me have them swap seats and see what happens. Helicopters are awesome, just because you don't understand how they work does not make it BFM, it means you don't understand how they work.

For anyone who cares…. the word ‘helicopter’ is not broken down to heli-copter but helico-pter. ‘Helico’ meaning ‘spiral’ and ‘pter’ meaning ‘wing’ in Latin.

With this nugget of information I learned just today my understanding of all things aviation is complete.

Credit: Aerocrew Solutions

BREAKING NEWS

Avelo Airlines announces a new pay scale and sign-on bonus for new hire Captain and First Officers effective February 1, 2022!

First year Captain pay will be $200 per block hour, and First Officers will start at $90 per hour.

Plus, sign on before June 1, 2022 and you will earn a $20,000 bonus (paid in two installments in your first year of service, with the $5,000 when you finish OE).

All pilots are virtually based and earn an additional $1,800 per month in virtual base pay paid monthly after completion of OE, no matter where you choose to live. Training is paid at first year First Officer rate and includes all accommodations.

In your first year, you’ll earn a minimum of $210,000 as Captain or $117,400 as a First Officer.
Come learn more at their virtual information session via Microsoft Teams: Monday, January 24th at 1600 EST. Join conversation

First 5 year Block Hour Rates

Captain
Year 1 - $200
Year 2 - $205
Year 3 - $210
Year 4 - $215
Year 5 - $220

First Officer
Year 1 - $90
Year 2 - $110
Year 3 - $120
Year 4 - $130
Year 5 - $140

“We’re committed to attracting, rewarding and retaining the industry’s best pilots as we grow Avelo,” said Avelo Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy. “In addition to industry-leading pay, Avelo offers immediate high seniority and a quicker path to the left seat than most other carriers. Couple that with our unique One Crew culture and Soul of Service caring mindset, and Avelo is a great airline to grow your career and an airline you’ll be proud to be a part of.”

Back