Avelo

mrivc211

0381D736-5A6E-41F1-BD35-DD15BE7AC302.jpeg

Times have definitely changed

I guarantee they don’t have higher pay, career stability, or quality of life.

Wouldn't shock me to see airlines start partnering with schools like ATP and offer low interest loans or tuition reimbursement (or both).

Had a few friendly FA's head there when the last place shut down. They never got a paycheck even after finishing training. Bailed for a better real gig.

Heard them the other day going into TPA. Didn't sound like a place I'd ever want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I’ll start a loan operation and call it Key Bank……
The loan company that services loans for my students made $275,000 in commissions alone in 2021 from my school. They charge 10 points on every loan. Without the loan, these students aren’t becoming pilots. The fees are high yes, but I wouldn’t wish anyone to go thru what I did to put myself thru flight training and a 4 year university at one time.

Have you seen the level of impatience with the new crowd of pilots? They'll absolutely jump on something like this regardless of the cost if it means they'll go from a clapped out C-one-five-two-heavy to a 737. I bet flight school students are already buying LW stealth 22's without side pockets in anticipation of this program. There was a similar period in the early 2000s (right around the Lost Decade) but era of time building just to become a flight engineer are over. Hell, you don't even have to become a MEI for that coveted ME-PIC anymore. Classes are filling with candidates that barely have 25 hours MEL and they're getting typed in passenger jets.

I get it, our industry is basically a rat race (get to your preferred major or cargo carrier in the shortest time with least investment possible) and you always take the the shortest line in a race. However, those of us that are further along in our careers think this is crazy, but this is how the industry goes now. This is just the modern JetU or Gulfstream Academy but without the stigma with those programs.

Have you seen the level of impatience with the new crowd of pilots? They'll absolutely jump on something like this regardless of the cost if it means they'll go from a clapped out C-one-five-two-heavy to a 737. I bet flight school students are already buying LW stealth 22's without side pockets in anticipation of this program. There was a similar period in the early 2000s (right around the Lost Decade) but era of time building just to become a flight engineer are over. Hell, you don't even have to become a MEI for that coveted ME-PIC anymore. Classes are filling with candidates that barely have 25 hours MEL and they're getting typed in passenger jets.

I get it, our industry is basically a rat race (get to your preferred major or cargo carrier in the shortest time with least investment possible) and you always take the the shortest line in a race. However, those of us that are further along in our careers think this is crazy, but this is how the industry goes now. This is just the modern JetU or Gulfstream Academy but without the stigma with those programs.

I’m surprised you didn’t use the phrase “paying dues”.

Just as long as they uphold the hard fought traditions of their elders and have their backpacks and ear buds / headphones in while walking around in uniform; that is all that matters.

Back