atsat score... please read

Sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Usually people get this far when they get an 85 or better. Some may suggest that when it comes take to pick your states, a step you very likely have a chance of reaching, pick states nobody seems to select. Like North Dakota or West Virginia.

Probably not... like Guire said, you'll most likely need a well qualified score (above 85) to be considered.

I spoke with one of the administrators after the test, and he said results were 'good for a year' after you take it. This means the results are void after a year and you must retake it. This doesn't necessarily mean you cannot retake it before then, but I would not bet on being admitted before then.

I spoke with one of the administrators after the test, and he said results were 'good for a year' after you take it. This means the results are void after a year and you must retake it. This doesn't necessarily mean you cannot retake it before then, but I would not bet on being admitted before then.

Not true... the results are good for 3 years and you may retake it after 1 year if you choose. You have to wait the 1 year before retaking.

EDIT: Just adding the info from the FAA website...

Can I retake the pre-employment test if I want to improve my score?
Yes. No matter what your score, you may retake the test one year after the first time you took the test. Your second test score will always replace your first score.

How long is my pre-employment test score valid?
Pre-employment test scores are valid for three years.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org.../jobs_careers/occupations/atc/pre_employment/

I'm going to ask you the same question my Senior Drill Instructor asked my platoon the first night of Recruit training....

Do you have any relatives, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, that are in high government positions such as senator or governor? If not...no one is going to save your azz.:drool:

Seriously....pm me after next week and I might give you some advice that might help.:nana2:

In the mean time....repeat after me....

Where there is a will theres a __________________?

I got in with a 74.9 on my test. I did attend Air Traffic Control School in the Air Force. So that may have been the reason I got the job offer.

you want to get a job? put down for the Memphis Center. apparently NO ONE puts that state so they screw a lot of people over and give them that position even though they didnt ask. just ask Barty. there was a kid on here from PUBNAT1 that got a 72 on his test and got picked up for Memphis. so if your willing to go anywhere for this job thats your best choice. spots like ND only have a few small towers. granted not to many people wanna go there, but they also might not need anyone. Memphis seems to take a lot of people who have no desire to go there, so if you show interest for there on your Geo Prefs then you may get picked up.

Oh great, the paedo pic is back. You shouldn't do that to me so early in the morning, I just spit out all my coffee.

lol, not begging, just curious!

if that is actually you, you do look about 12 haha

hahahahaha...nooooo thats definately not me, i dont look anything like that. im tall, dark, and handsome :drool: ...this is my friend about 6 or 7 years ago.

With out a "well qualified" score it will probably be hard to get an interview, but the good news is the FAA should be hiring pretty heavy for 3-4 years, so unless your close to 31 you can re-take the test and still have time to re-apply.

Even with that 80%, select Tennessee and En-route only and see what happens. I'm not certain what happened to the other two guys who chimed in last month that got picked for ZME even though they didn't even list Tennessee as a preference, but the difficulty I've run into trying to get switched ANYWHERE else outside of ZME tells me they're hard up for folks there.

Worse comes to worse, you'll have to take the AT-SAT again next year.

will an 80 get me an interview?:confused:

Don't give up hope, July. Look at it this way, you're still 10 pts higher than the minimum, so you will be well up the list from the bottom. As others have already explained, it basically comes down to supply and demand: how many ppl request a certain facility vs. how many slots are open. You still have a chance. Don't let anyone tell you everything below 85 is thrown out; that is not true at all.

Don't give up hope, July. Look at it this way, you're still 10 pts higher than the minimum, so you will be well up the list from the bottom. As others have already explained, it basically comes down to supply and demand: how many ppl request a certain facility vs. how many slots are open. You still have a chance. Don't let anyone tell you everything below 85 is thrown out; that is not true at all.
Not true. They do not see your score. They only see "qualified" or "well qualified." A 70 is the exact same as an 84.9.

Back