atsat score... please read

This is the Government we are talking about none of it is going to make sense. I got a 84.6 and got selected. I put Tennessee on my preference, I live in New Hampshire and I got selected for Dayton OH. Let me give an example a year or so ago the Air Force was offering people to get out early becasuse they wanted to reduce their numbers. While they were doing this they were also offering recruitment bonuses. Why would you offer early outs to reduce #'s and then turn around and give a recruitment bonus? Makes sense I guess.:sarcasm:

This is the Government we are talking about none of it is going to make sense. I got a 84.6 and got selected. I put Tennessee on my preference, I live in New Hampshire and I got selected for Dayton OH. Let me give an example a year or so ago the Air Force was offering people to get out early becasuse they wanted to reduce their numbers. While they were doing this they were also offering recruitment bonuses. Why would you offer early outs to reduce #'s and then turn around and give a recruitment bonus? Makes sense I guess.:sarcasm:

Well.....when you promote everyone to a1c out of bootcamp and they are a ssgt by the end of 4 years........it creates a lot of nco's.

The air force thinks....hmmmm...why not get rid of those e-5's and get us some airmen to do the work like we needed in the first place. Force reshaping...

Not true. They do not see your score. They only see "qualified" or "well qualified." A 70 is the exact same as an 84.9.

Actually, nathan, you're dead wrong about that. Not only has it been confirmed on this board, but I personally know a hiring manager. The panel has the scores listed in order from 100 down to the very lowest passing score. They do have two lists, a well-qual list and a qual. list, but each list is indeed ordered numerically using a top-down approach. Otherwise, the system would be inherently unfair: an 85 could get taken before a 100...a 70 could get taken before an 84.5...and so on. Also, if the scores were never used, there would be no reason for a numerical score to be assigned in the first place, only the wq/q designation. Since numerical scores are, in fact, assigned, they are used for something. In this case, they are used to rank each and every candidate on a list by score. Now, it behooves everyone to get on that first page...but it's not the end of the world if one doesn't.

Actually, nathan, you're dead wrong about that. Not only has it been confirmed on this board, but I personally know a hiring manager. The panel has the scores listed in order from 100 down to the very lowest passing score. They do have two lists, a well-qual list and a qual. list, but each list is indeed ordered numerically using a top-down approach. Otherwise, the system would be inherently unfair: an 85 could get taken before a 100...a 70 could get taken before an 84.5...and so on. Also, if the scores were never used, there would be no reason for a numerical score to be assigned in the first place, only the wq/q designation. Since numerical scores are, in fact, assigned, they are used for something. In this case, they are used to rank each and every candidate on a list by score. Now, it behooves everyone to get on that first page...but it's not the end of the world if one doesn't.
I was misinformed. Good to know!

I know a guy who scored an 82 that is at my center training right now. There is no pattern to the FAA's hiring. The only guarantee is if you are VRA or CTI. OTS are getting hired at a rate of about 15% of those who applied. However, in the next 2-3 years, the VRA and CTI pool with run dry. Since the hiring frenzy is going on until AT LEAST 2012, just be patient, and don't quit your day job.

You could also try putting a beautiful but not highly desired place like Alaska on your preferences. There was such a demand for controllers there that they had the specific pubak thread. Alaska is gorgeous just a little cold in winter and a little expensive. Oh and females are lacking especially any where outside of anchorage!!:)

Yeah. If July03baby still hangs around, and I would guess she does not, picking ZME might be the best choice if the stories are true. Wasn't there somebody around here who selected OR and NH but got ZME?

Yeah. If July03baby still hangs around, and I would guess she does not, picking ZME might be the best choice if the stories are true. Wasn't there somebody around here who selected OR and NH but got ZME?

Yup, go dig through the PEPC invite thread for PUBNAT2 and you'll probably find the guy there. I haven't seen anything else from him in a few weeks, but I'm assuming he declined the offer.

One thing you could try is put your location of preference as your first choice and then for your second put "throughout the US"...

One thing you could try is put your location of preference as your first choice and then for your second put "throughout the US"...

:banghead::banghead: there is no "throughout the US" option on the geoprefs :banghead::banghead:

you guys I know I just posted today asking when I would get my scores. you wouldnt believe it 5 minutes after that I got them.

AT-SAT score was 94.4

what will this score do for me? what happens now?

Back