ATP Layoffs

Well, I'm no fan of ATP and their IC status. I can't believe somebody hasn't challenged it because it's a total joke if you look at the Fed guidelines for an IC. But, in any case, I'd have a hard time agreeing to not list ones time as a CFI there on an app because you weren't an "employee". That's a minor semantics issue. No reason to shoot yourself in the foot by being wishy washy on an app about where you worked for six months.

Are you saying you'd just write "I worked as an IC for all ATP" on the app? If so, that's fine. But I don't think I'd not account for my time at ATP, in some way. You deserve to get credit for working there.

Details please. Where did you hear this information from, how many and what type of people are being laid off?

Are they closing any training centers?

One person from SUA was let go, this is real..
Well, the slow down has finally trickled down to the instructing jobs. This week alone, my workplace received 10 new applications, many from the airlines.

ATP is seeking only Airline Career Pilot Program graduates
for CFI positions at this time.

in regards to future standardization classes being offered, management has decided to not establish any class dates until after the holidays. As far as I know, Courtney is telling people to pursue other options for now, and once the ball starts rolling again, they will be getting phone calls.

Source: I spoke to Courtney Dennis about getting a job with ATP, since I am a graduate of their career pilot program, and that is basically the answer she told me, after the countless times i spoke to her about getting the job there.

All I know is that the current CFI job market in Central Florida sucks ,and it is really starting to get discouraging. :(

-Stan

in regards to future standardization classes being offered, management has decided to not establish any class dates until after the holidays. As far as I know, Courtney is telling people to pursue other options for now, and once the ball starts rolling again, they will be getting phone calls.

Source: I spoke to Courtney Dennis about getting a job with ATP, since I am a graduate of their career pilot program, and that is basically the answer she told me, after the countless times i spoke to her about getting the job there.

All I know is that the current CFI job market in Central Florida sucks ,and it is really starting to get discouraging. :(

-Stan
You need to find a flight school that teaches European students, and do it quickly.
American students cannot get loans to do flight training... My school is booked solid through March, 2009.

Look at local FBO's that have good equipment and older students. I work at a local flight school out of KLZU, flying mostly DA20's and DA40's. Our airplanes have very good equipment on them and we are still getting students. They are mostly the doctors and the lawyers but hey they are students. There are jobs out there, but the best places are the ones where people don't feel like they have to get loans.

You need to find a flight school that teaches European students, and do it quickly.
American students cannot get loans to do flight training... My school is booked solid through March, 2009.

Yea man, I've tried the local schools around Daytona Beach, and so far no luck with that.

Any flight schools your recommend for me to look at, I have no problem relocating.

Thanks

-Stan

Yea man, I've tried the local schools around Daytona Beach, and so far no luck with that.

Any flight schools your recommend for me to look at, I have no problem relocating.

Thanks

-Stan
I'd tell you to come down here but all the flight schools are already saturated with instructors and applicants. I am no longer in Miami.. If you don't mind teaching Indians, go on over to Dean International at KTMB.. Down in Miami. Don't call him, just show up and ask to speak with Robert. If you call, he'll just tell you to send in a resume.

I'd tell you to come down here but all the flight schools are already saturated with instructors and applicants. I am no longer in Miami.. If you don't mind teaching Indians, go on over to Dean International at KTMB.. Down in Miami. Don't call him, just show up and ask to speak with Robert. If you call, he'll just tell you to send in a resume.

thanks for the heads up, maybe i'll do a cross country flight down there, get some time and maybe even a job.c:nana2::nana2:

-stan

Back