ATP Layoffs

Your right! I have only 40 posts! Maybe I can post more and become all knowing like you!!!!! Will I have to give up my ability to spell? :laff:

Your right! I have only 40 posts! Maybe I can post more and become all knowing like you!!!!! Will I have to give up my ability to spell? :laff:

You are a CFI right? Burn down bridges now and see what happens later with your career. However much like Seggy, Jtrain, doug himself and others we poke fun at people. Deal with it and move on. It was kind of funny to read late at right, "payed" and sit at the computer half awake thinking, "wait he was meaning to say paid, I'm going to let this brat have it finally." Take it with a grain of salt and be able to have some humor with things. We all know if you are going to make it in this industry and to the next level you will need to be able to do such.

You are a CFI right? Burn down bridges now and see what happens later with your career. However much like Seggy, Jtrain, doug himself and others we poke fun at people. Deal with it and move on. It was kind of funny to read late at right, "payed" and sit at the computer half awake thinking, "wait he was meaning to say paid, I'm going to let this brat have it finally." Take it with a grain of salt and be able to have some humor with things. We all know if you are going to make it in this industry and to the next level you will need to be able to do such.

Hukked on foniks wurkd fowr me! Sorry bro, had to pee in your cheerios,:p nothing better to do with my furlough time, you know how it is :D

Yeah, Don't burn bridges, I know I haven't seen anyone do that on here with their former employer at ATP. :sarcasm:

They are not an employeer for one. Secondly nothing I put on here about my experience at ATP is false. Let alone I am positive my next interview at a DAL/CAL/USairways they are going to be overy concern with a company such as ATP. Its highly unlikely. Heck the only regional I know for a fact that was entirely too excited about ATP was ASA. Other then that my current employeer could not care less about ATP. Now riddle on the other hand, they'd love to have their pilots, their degrees, and their reputation. But then again we arent hiring.

Paul,
There is nothing funnier to me on this website than to read how you threaten anyone who disagrees with you about "burning bridges." I will "bust" on anyone who opens themself up for it and would expect nothing less in return- in a fun loving way of course.:D Threaten me with a burnt bridge because of spelling? HAHAHAH

Yeah, Don't burn bridges, I know I haven't seen anyone do that on here with their former employer at ATP. :sarcasm:

I like to think i speaketh the truth about ATP on here. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But i feel i have more of an obligation to future flight students on this board, then I do to line the pockets of my former "employer". I doubt it was on this website that "burnt my bridge" with ATP anyway, that happened when I quit, if at all.

Thus you are not PAID (that's how you spell it by the way) a salary if they are docking you for a Holiday. Salary positions typically have paid holidays. Wild concept I know. Not many of us salary employees get docked for holidays, rather we have them off and paid.

In ATPs defense, if they are prorating pay for not working xmas, then its because they have to, not because they want to. When I worked there, we use to get 5 days off for xmas WITH pay, and we would also get a Thank you bonus. Which was nice.

Whenever I needed time off, it was granted. I never got denied by the VPs. And they never docked my pay for it. So it sucks you're not getting xmas pay, but keep in mind there is probably a good reason for it. Also you are getting paid about double what I used to get paid way back when. you'll live.

they are going to be overy concern with a company such as ATP.

Meyers

I know you are the official spell checker of jet careers and a well know wordsmith. I know people wouldn't make such silly mistakes while typing but I checked on dictionary.com and I have no earthly idea what overy means? Did you mean OVARY? Oh wait I get it now! OVERLY!!!! I would have expected better....

Since reading the other posts I am burning bridges right now, and I have just threatened my career... Please have mercy on me oh wordsmith!

hahahahahahaha. That is great. I have always said that so many people on this forum take themselves MUCH more seriously than they should!!!!

Ok guys,

I have read all the comments about the "layoffs"....
Lets get a few things straight...
ATP has not laid anyone off, anywhere. Two people where fired, and they where both in stuart. One was the instructor who made the gear up landing, the other was because he was behind pace with his students.

The last thing ATP will do is lay people off, especially the instructors. The only way you loose your job here is if you dont do your job, its that simple.

I have been working at ATP for a while now, and I consider myself lucky to be there considering the fact that there are no jobs to be had anywhere right now.

Another thing, there is a difference between being fired, and being laid off. I think alot of you are mixing the two terms back and forth, and quite frankly are scarring the heck out of people for no good reason. Honestly everything I have read here sounds like something out of highschool, rumors about things for which people dont have all the facts...

As far as hiring more instructors go, they are holding standardization in Jan.

Also for those of you who are bashing ATP, I can tell you that last week when I went to Riddle's career fair, almost every single airline noticed me wearing my ATP uniform, and had nothing but good things to say about the instructors and students who leave ATP and go threw training with them.

So before you spread anymore rumors, get the facts and if you dont have them then you really should not be saying anything at all.

So your saying "no one gets laid off from ATP?" you seem to be pretty darn sure of yourself. Sounds like you have lunch daily with management...huh?

I agree with you...YOU should take your own advice, quit spreading rumors, and "YOU really should not be saying anything at all."

It was a layoff per ATP management! Take a look around you...have you noticed the economy lately?

As far as the gear up...insurance could no longer cover the pilot...I'm saddened I can't have my source confirm due to the tragic events which took place over the glades recently. An unfortunate tragedy for all...

It sounds like your a contract guy, not a P/R person...lets keep it that way.

Please quit spitting out garbage and spreading incorrect rumors!

so, meyers, i usually just linger around and read what everyone is saying in whatever thread i'm curious about. in doing so, i tend to see a lot of what you say, because your post count is so awesomely high (and i'm very jealous of it, i wish it was mine.)

and i inevitably end up laughing out loud at your sentences. it's gotten to the point now that i expect to do so every time i see a post of yours, and it never fails.

meyers, i cant believe you made fun of someone for spelling a word incorrectly. im floored, in fact. i normally would have kept quiet, but i just happened to see the tail end of this thread and what it has become, so i deemed it appropriate to chime in. your grammar is atrocious at best.

i know you and everyone else couldn't care any less, but i had to get it out. it's been nearly a year of hating your paragraphs.

:)

Back