ATP Layoffs

Does anybody know how many instructors they are going to let go? Also does anyone know which locations?

How are they going to staff the new programs that they have put in place? Still expensive but I bet people will jump on them.

The guy that was layed off at SUA...were they the same individual involved with the gear up incident? Stan you just arn't looking hard enough... CAPT, Phoenix East, and Epic were all quite excited when I handed them my resume. Maybe they dont like you because you are a commie...

-Sean

When did they have a gear up incident? If they did then someone really screwed up. You have to check that 3 times if your following procedures.

No, different instructor was layed off at Stuart. As far as the gear up incident the gear was down during all checks, tower verified it was down, student put it up somewhere around flare, gear horn wasn't working

When did they have a gear up incident? If they did then someone really screwed up. You have to check that 3 times if your following procedures.

You have many things to learn still. Things happen. I assume you will learn that with more experience. Many times things like this can happen. Fact of the matter is even if you checked 4-5 times if something is screwed up in the landing gear system, warning, alarm, etc situation would still end the same way. Things happen and you move on.

Does anybody know how many instructors they are going to let go? Also does anyone know which locations?
There's been a couple of gear ups. Always with a DE or CFI on board too...never the cross country students.

No, different instructor was layed off at Stuart. As far as the gear up incident the gear was down during all checks, tower verified it was down, student put it up somewhere around flare, gear horn wasn't working

...? really?

So, the results of this post is that ATP has 2 insructors total. According to the post 50% got laid off and 1 is 50% of 2. How do they staff all locations now with one insructor?

Meyers give me a break. I know things can happen. I'm not some 21 year old kid that hasn't been around the block. Normally people don't lose their jobs because of an incident unless it was their fault. That would mean it wasn't a maintenance problem. I know of an incident up in RDU that happened recently and that was a maintenance problem and that instructor still has his job.

So, the results of this post is that ATP has 2 insructors total. According to the post 50% got laid off and 1 is 50% of 2. How do they staff all locations now with one insructor?

The post states one of two instructors at Stuart got laid off. However, Stuart is one of the smaller locations. Also, 50% seems to be a rumor. Here in DFW, it makes the rumor completely inaccurate.

I know one instructor at bowling green got laid off. He was told not to show up the next day. When he asked why he wasn't given any notice they told him " so that he wouldn't spend any time at work looking for a new job". Ouch....

I know one instructor at bowling green got laid off. He was told not to show up the next day. When he asked why he wasn't given any notice they told him " so that he wouldn't spend any time at work looking for a new job". Ouch....

:yeahthat: ...Yeah what mike said. Verified.

Guy from HOU laid off, was told by management "ATP will be reducing by 50%" this is where that rumor comes from. He hasn't had any incidents and a couple of guys were hired behind him. He had just finished training a group of students. So not sure if they are just flipping coins down there in Jax....

So I wonder how their little trek down getting VA certification for certain courses is going . . .

:whatever:

Looks thier great customer service even extends to their instructors :sarcasm:

Which instructor did they say that to?

At LZU they let go of all of their lines guys and have started letting go instructors. I know of at least one instructor that was let go yesterday there.

I know this guy whos cousins brothers friend got cut just because he said he didn't like the color blue in ATPs insignia.

Back