ATI

Yup - they're pretty humble these days, but they used to be a pretty major force in organizing in America, and I really like the idea of "one big union" instead of us all being at eachothers throat.

Can you imagine if a pilotgroup went on strike and half of the electricians in the country walked off the job in solidarity? Or the long shoreman struck along side us? Or something else?

Like they do in Europe. Tell management and/or government our demands and if they are not met, we will shut down whatever sector of the economy that's in question.

Like they do in Europe. Tell management and/or government our demands and if they are not met, we will shut down whatever sector of the economy that's in question.

Yup, "that's a nice economy you've got there, sure would be a shame if something happened to it."

The threat of a general strike would keep the "corporate overlords" in check. This job isn't appreciably different than being a process operator - imagine if failing to pay pilots properly resulted in the process operators in America shutting down all the refineries in America? Or if that doesn't get your attention, imagine if all the truck drivers struck in solidarity along side of pilots. Grocery stores would run out in a couple days. The threat of that alone would totally change the dynamic in the industry. Solidarity is the key - without it we're always going to be fighting over the scraps the bosses let "trickle down" from on high.

I just applied this window, figured why not give it a shot and the application didn’t auto deny me

Is this place that bad to be affiliated with? Are the pilots that want to move on not being able to because of the reputation they now have working for ATI?

I’m close to upgrading and do enjoy my job and the airline I fly for. However, after first year pay I’ll be making a good amount more than my current shop sitting in the left seat. By year three it isn’t even close, and again that is including left seat pay at the regional vs FO at ATI. I know the schedule can be brutal, but I’ve had worse schedules that involved months away from home before and my wife is a trooper. Im a fan of the home basing and being home 12 in a row between the 16 on. I fly 4 on 3 off right now and sometimes pick up open time just to make more cash as a regional FO, so it already feels like I’m gone way more than I’m home. 12 off in a row, that means things can be planned like vacations and other outings that can last for more than 2-3 days.

The main reason I’m pondering this move is it will give me a chance to live in the town our family is in and allowing my wife to have a her dream job in a year or so, a stay at home mom. But again, I could move to our hometown now but stressing about upgrading into reserve and trying to make a 2 hour call out limits the places in that town I can live. The “good side” of the town puts me out of range and even the north side will be sketchy during rush hour.

Last edited:
I just applied this window, figured why not give it a shot and the application didn’t auto deny me

Is this place that bad to be affiliated with? Are the pilots that want to move on not being able to because of the reputation they now have working for ATI?

I'm going to guess that most people at legacy airlines will not even recognize the name ATI. You wont be auto-denied.

Just realize that that sector of the industry seems to be quite hostile in multiple ways.

Can anyone shed any new light about ATI? Good, Bad, Ugly about this place, upgrade times, schedules, pay, benefits? I am interested in and considering applying in this application window. I am a regional FO close to upgrading into the left seat where I am at currently. I tried to look through the posts on APC, but it seems like like a lot of disgruntled posts to shift through while trying to read between the lines. Thanks!

People are disgruntled for a reason. Going to ATI could be a stain on your career that you really don't want.

But irregardless of company, ACMI with any company is a stepping stone to better things. Don't go without 1000PIC under any circumstances, and if you're about to upgrade at a Regional, you're about to get far more marketable experience for your future.

Irregardless isn’t a word, and ATI is a solid union carrier that won’t lesve any “stain” on your career.

While I'm usually the first to leap on Grammar, your choice to attack word usage for one that is, perhaps non-standard, but certainly in common usage, is interesting here. Usually I'd point out that English isn't a prescriptive language, perhaps with my diatribe on the American obsession with 'EXpresso', but at this point you just aren't worth poking fun at. You've made your opinion on crossing a picket line very clear, and I'm glad you won't be in a position to do so in the future.

your choice to attack word usage for one that is, perhaps non-standard, but certainly in common usage,

The origin of irregardless is not known for certain, but the speculation among dictionary references suggests that it is probably a blend, or portmanteau word, of the standard English words irrespective and regardless.[5][6][7] The blend creates a word with a meaning not predictable from the meanings of its constituent morphemes. Since the prefix ir- means "not" (as it does with irrespective), and the suffix -less means "without", the word contains a double negative. The word irregardless could therefore be expected to have the meaning "in regard to", therefore being an antonym, rather than a synonym, of regardless.

"Ain't" is in common usage, too. I mean it's not even clear what the word is supposed to mean.

"Ain't" is in common usage, too. I mean it's not even clear what the word is supposed to mean.
Let my googlefu and Merriam Webster website assist....

Attachments

• D9051FFD-F69B-4C90-A0E5-70CE15868B30.png
    D9051FFD-F69B-4C90-A0E5-70CE15868B30.png
    473.5 KB · Views: 108
Back