ATI

FlyPurdue

The other, more negative site, does not have any relevant information about ATI. As soon as someone asks a question the thread is immediately derailed. I would love to hear some first hand accounts on the good/not so good. I have been offered an interview and want to really understand the position and the 16/12 schedule befor commiting.

Thanks!

Sorry I'm no help, but I used to really enjoy watching their Diesel 8's depart BWI a number of years ago.

Sorry I'm no help, but I used to really enjoy watching their Diesel 8's depart BWI a number of years ago.
I got to tour their maintenance facility at MCC a number of years ago.

Much cussing was going on because a hundred and whatever foot long aileron cable was 3 inches too short!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

To be fair, they seem to have been instructed by their own MEC to cross the line. I don't condone it, and I like to think that in the same situation I would get extremely ill very quickly, but it's not like the entire pilot group got together and said "screw em".

To be fair, they seem to have been instructed by their own MEC to cross the line. I don't condone it, and I like to think that in the same situation I would get extremely ill very quickly, but it's not like the entire pilot group got together and said "screw em".

Their MEC got together and said 'Screw em' before signing a concessionary contract. In 2018. Sorry, but there's no defending them. ATI pilots and their contract screwed every ACMI pilot with every other company. Not just ABX, which will cease to exist without the next few months.

Their MEC got together and said 'Screw em' before signing a concessionary contract.

I entirely agree, and I wouldn't want to work there. I guess I was just cautioning against labeling every ATI pilot with the "S" word. I would imagine that the vast majority of them got assigned a trip, read the email from their Union saying it was AOK to show up, and did so. I would of course prefer it if they all got violently ill, but again, it's not like every ATI pilot is the scum of the earth. Or at least it isn't obvious from that regrettable situation. That said, yeah, don't go there.

I entirely agree, and I wouldn't want to work there. I guess I was just cautioning against labeling every ATI pilot with the "S" word. I would imagine that the vast majority of them got assigned a trip, read the email from their Union saying it was AOK to show up, and did so. I would of course prefer it if they all got violently ill, but again, it's not like every ATI pilot is the scum of the earth. Or at least it isn't obvious from that regrettable situation. That said, yeah, don't go there.

I don't know what their union said, but every Atlas, UPS and FedEx pilot saw the picket line in CVG and went home. The S word may not be appropriate, and I'm conflicted on unions in general, but this is the prefect example of why unity matters. If you're going to have unity, and pilots standing together to improve life, thiis when. Flying struck work for your sister company is as bad as it gets.

No argument here. Which is why having the Teamsters and ALPA at each other's throats is the worst thing for everyone. The whole point of Unionism is Solidarity.

That's for sure, and if one union would represent everyone that would be ideal. But in this case one union took an opportunity to hurt another pilot group, and then doubled down to hurt every other ACMI pilot. That's a perfect example of the kind of Union politics that leads to criticism of a group that should be selfish in improving life for all of us

And of course these things get prolix and complex. But IMHO, the whole awful situation is a glaring neon advertisement for why A) ALPA should represent regionals, non-skeds, and associated scum as vigorously as they do the legacies, and B) Said scum should simmer down just a tick and give ALPA a chance to turn the rudder. Because they really need to turn the rudder. It's in everyone's best interest. To wit, one bargaining Entity, one level of safety, one organization with which to contend. They're risking another RJDC, and in this market, that's inexcusable.

And of course these things get prolix and complex. But IMHO, the whole awful situation is a glaring neon advertisement for why A) ALPA should represent regionals, non-skeds, and associated scum as vigorously as they do the legacies, and B) Said scum should simmer down just a tick and give ALPA a chance to turn the rudder. Because they really need to turn the rudder. It's in everyone's best interest. To wit, one bargaining Entity, one level of safety, one organization with which to contend. They're risking another RJDC, and in this market, that's inexcusable.
One union and one bargaining entity, for sure. But this is, in part ALPAs failing. Because they took their desire to hurt Teamsters pilots as more important than piloy unity..

I'm with you 100%, man. The whole thing is sordid. Which is why I say they need to wake up, they're not just screwing us all, they're ultimately screwing themselves (as a meaningful organization), too.

I don't know what their union said, but every Atlas, UPS and FedEx pilot saw the picket line in CVG and went home. The S word may not be appropriate, and I'm conflicted on unions in general, but this is the prefect example of why unity matters. If you're going to have unity, and pilots standing together to improve life, thiis when. Flying struck work for your sister company is as bad as it gets.

It’s definitely complicated...at best.

Thanks everyone for the helpful insight. I appreciate the background information, and agree that it would not be a good fit at this time.

I am an Envoy captain whom was displaced out of base (where I live) to the left seat. I am really enjoying the challenge and rewards of the upgrade...but am really tired of commuting to reserve...with no end in sight and don’t see getting back to my home base for a while. In my old seat, I was getting lines with 16 days off a month, now I have 11, and Envoy reserve is not commutable on the front end (some times not even on the back end).

My wife and I think that the ACMI life would be a good fit, and if brown or purple never work out, there is comfort in knowing that a career could be made at an ACMI.

Thanks again!

Back