ATI

You know that, I know that, and everyone else knows that. But I'm sure ATN has an explanation of why ALPA was awesome!

This isn't a discussion about why ALPA is awesome (although it kinda is). This is a discussion about how the IBT is a criminal enterprise and how ALPA refused to take part in their crimes.

This isn't a discussion about why ALPA is awesome (although it kinda is). This is a discussion about how the IBT is a criminal enterprise and how ALPA refused to take part in their crimes.

Nah.

My ALPA people sat in an office in ATL (with you) and told us what we needed. My Teamsters people fly the line and I run into them on the line on a very regular basis. Given your desire to never fly and your position in ALPA I can only assume you were part of the problem and not the solution. In my three years I've flown with my teamsters leadership more than I ever flew with my alpa leadership in 8 years at my previous carrier.

Our 90+% no vote at ASA/Expressjet tells you everything you need to know about what we thought about our "leadership" at 100 Hartsifeld Centre Parkway Suite

Nah.

It's a thread about why ATI really sucks.

And why the prevailing theory is 'Because ALPA'.

Nah.

It's a thread about why ATI really sucks.

And why the prevailing theory is 'Because ALPA'.

ALPA wouldn't know trade unionism if it paid her to lick both testicles in Vegas for $3.50 each....deductable for three times the amount of course since they haven't touched an airplane in 90 days....

I dunno man. As I said above, I think there's a strong case to be made that ALPA has not been representing, you know "all animals" equally. But it's a separate question whether you want your average line-doggie putting up his flight case and then running off to negotiate with a bunch of lawyers whose entire jobs are, well, negotiating. I mean I'd be a lot happier if that were a reasonable course of action, because it would mean that the machinery of government was accessible to the common man, which it absolutely should be. But is it? And if it isn't, who's getting ahead when the guy I love flying with because he tells great jokes and has some great pics from that one overnight and is a cool dude faces off against Jackson Lewis and their band of obscenely overpaid and morally bankrupt sharks who haven't laughed since the last time they got someone's cancer treatment denied?

Nah.

My ALPA people sat in an office in ATL (with you) and told us what we needed. My Teamsters people fly the line and I run into them on the line on a very regular basis. Given your desire to never fly and your position in ALPA I can only assume you were part of the problem and not the solution. In my three years I've flown with my teamsters leadership more than I ever flew with my alpa leadership in 8 years at my previous carrier.

Our 90+% no vote at ASA/Expressjet tells you everything you need to know about what we thought about our "leadership" at 100 Hartsifeld Centre Parkway Suite

This is a perfect example of how pilots are utterly clueless about such things and shoot themslves in the foot. The amount of time a union officer spends flying the line is as relevant to his performance as the amount of time a surgeon spends in the hospital waiting room is to his.

But it’s cute how you conveniently ignored the IBT’s continued criminal activity.

This is a perfect example of how pilots are utterly clueless about such things and shoot themslves in the foot. The amount of time a union officer spends flying the line is as relevant to his performance as the amount of time a surgeon spends in the hospital waiting room is to his.

But it’s cute how you conveniently ignored the IBT’s continued criminal activity.

So what criminal charges were brought against IBT leadership or their pilots during this last "illegal" strike ABX strike? I'll give you a hint, none. If ALPA told their pilots to hold the line with their IBT brothers/sisters, nothing would of happened to them. They instead decided to play politics...

ALPA wouldn't know trade unionism if it paid her to lick both testicles in Vegas for $3.50 each....deductable for three times the amount of course since they haven't touched an airplane in 90 days....
I actually heard people complaining that our ALPA leadership was working too much at my current shop and not focusing on union stuff. Can't ever make people happy.

And of course these things get prolix and complex. But IMHO, the whole awful situation is a glaring neon advertisement for why A) ALPA should represent regionals, non-skeds, and associated scum as vigorously as they do the legacies, and B) Said scum should simmer down just a tick and give ALPA a chance to turn the rudder. Because they really need to turn the rudder. It's in everyone's best interest. To wit, one bargaining Entity, one level of safety, one organization with which to contend. They're risking another RJDC, and in this market, that's inexcusable.
What BB said! The union system and shop-centric seniority system of aviation has always seemed grossly sub-optimal.

Looked at their website. I can support a group like that. Workers need to be united.

Yup - they're pretty humble these days, but they used to be a pretty major force in organizing in America, and I really like the idea of "one big union" instead of us all being at eachothers throat.

Can you imagine if a pilotgroup went on strike and half of the electricians in the country walked off the job in solidarity? Or the long shoreman struck along side us? Or something else?

Back