Atc in alaska

PUBAK was evaluated at the panels along with PUBNAT 3 and 4.

I was picked up for ANC but was recently told it's going to be at least Oct before I get a class date.

What PUBNAT were you in?

I know the Tower is full 09 but the TRACON isn't

Depends on where you end up. ANC and A11 are constantly fighting, MRI is fully staffed, FAI is willing to take anyone with a heartbeat (but it's FAIRBANKS!!) and ZAN is hiring from time to time.

Is AK a great place for ATC?? It's the aviation capitol of the US... you see some things up here that you will NEVER see in the lower 48. If you can put up with the winters, then yes it's a great place. If you hate winter, or dislike alaska, then no. We dont' need any more negative people here.

Let me rephrase.. Yes, I love it here.

OK...I'm getting confused....is it or is it not "easier" to get assigned to AK than other geo areas? And thinking back on the app, I put "throughout" Alaska...does this mean we might get assigned to someplace other than Anchorage? Can we choose where? AHHHHH....this is starting to give me a headache!:panic:
We have friends in OKC now who are going to Anchorage...kinda hoping to join them...

OK...I'm getting confused....is it or is it not "easier" to get assigned to AK than other geo areas? And thinking back on the app, I put "throughout" Alaska...does this mean we might get assigned to someplace other than Anchorage? Can we choose where? AHHHHH....this is starting to give me a headache!:panic:
We have friends in OKC now who are going to Anchorage...kinda hoping to join them...

Hard to say if it is easy to get a spot in AK. They needed people badly recently, but they make have fulfilled their staffing needs.

No...you don't get to choose. You are sent where you are sent, which is where ever there is need.

So theoretically, we could end up who knows where....great! Well just happy hubby will be doing what he loves....I told him when we first got together I would follow him anywhere...guess I'm gonna get my chance to prove it :p

Back