AS application question-employment history

Your family doesn't even live close? NJ has a special place in my heart (somehow) but if my family wasn't here I'd have no reason to ever come back. Giving up 8 years seniority to stay someplace where you have no ties is silly

Your family doesn't even live close? NJ has a special place in my heart (somehow) but if my family wasn't here I'd have no reason to ever come back. Giving up 8 years seniority to stay someplace where you have no ties is silly
No kidding, that changes everything. I thought his family was close. Wtf over? And @Cherokee_Cruiser i saw you mention moving to CA, why not SEA?

No kidding, that changes everything. I thought his family was close. Wtf over? And @Cherokee_Cruiser i saw you mention moving to CA, why not SEA?

I got the LAX base when NYC closed. SEA is Boeing only and we can't bid across the Boeing side yet, and who knows if I might even be able to after SLI? There are rumors that mgt is actively looking at a SEA Bus base. If I can hold that then yeah that's a real possibility too. No state income tax, house prices similar to south Bay LA, lower sales tax, etc.

I got the LAX base when NYC closed. SEA is Boeing only and we can't bid across the Boeing side yet, and who knows if I might even be able to after SLI? There are rumors that mgt is actively looking at a SEA Bus base. If I can hold that then yeah that's a real possibility too. No state income tax, house prices similar to south Bay LA, lower sales tax, etc.

WA is horrible. Don't come here

WA is horrible. Don't come here
I’m sure that is sarcasm like most people that say that here constantly. #rainseveryday

Today was brutal.

B8706194-1B9F-4761-94E2-46A5411F997C.jpeg

WA will probably have a state income tax within the next two years. Our governor and west side senators and reps really want it to fund the legalized injection sites. The problem for them is the last 5 times it went to the residents for a vote, it got shot down. So the new plan is to write a law that allows them to pass it without vote from the residents.

WA will probably have a state income tax within the next two years. Our governor and west side senators and reps really want it to fund the legalized injection sites. The problem for them is the last 5 times it went to the residents for a vote, it got shot down. So the new plan is to write a law that allows them to pass it without vote from the residents.
If that happens. Bye Felicia.

Meh, I do a really crappy commute from a place where I don't have any roots because I like it a hell of a lot better than the entire region I'm based in.

Eh, in my opinion yes and no. There's probably a genuine concern of not wanting someone in the JC community to make what could be a big career mistake. And people probably want to avoid the inevitable "well, we told you so" when someone doesn't heed advice and then starts complaining about how much their life sucks. But yeah, as someone who would kill to go to Alaska right now, I'm all for another spot on the list opening up. Another part of the issue that I think bugs people, which I'm guilty of, is the perception that someone is complaining without knowing how good they have it. I'm doing what's probably a way worse commute, for probably a third of the money, with no relief in sight. My fault, yes, but I would absolutely love to be in his shoes and at least have the extra money and schedule flexibility. I get a 4% 401k match, no loss of medical/license unless it comes out of my own pocket. When someone gets 15% chucked into an account without having to contribute anything and is still complaining, it kind of wants to make you shake them by the collar and say "DUDE!"

But... I agree too. He's a big boy with his own priorities, he'll make his own decision.
Coming from friends both at AS and at Virgin, that little nugget doesn't compute.

You forget where you came from :p
that's where they both came from too. and to quote one of them

"If I knew I was going to Skywest 2.0" and then to paraphrase the next few words " I would've looked at other majors a little harder"

that's where they both came from too. and to quote one of them

"If I knew I was going to Skywest 2.0" and then to paraphrase the next few words " I would've looked at other majors a little harder"
Well, soft landings is in place if they're so inclined. But if they don't think it's a massive improvement, they're nuts.

Well, soft landings is in place if they're so inclined. But if they don't think it's a massive improvement, they're nuts.
It's not. other than the money.

they still have the same amount of days off (12-13), except they're not even measured in calendar days off now.

I'm just saying what they tell me. One of them said "I don't care who calls, if it's a major of any capacity (own airplanes own tickets), I am gone"

Back