Article: Airline pilots brace for downsizing, career change

Re: Article: Airline pilots brace for downsizing, career cha

The problem with the airlines is on the revenue side of the equation...they can't blame everything on the price of oil.

Just curious what is to blame? You seem SO adimit about oil being an excuse not a cause of airline woes. But you offer no explaination as to what is going on. So explain it...I know for a fact that the cost of oil is hurting my airline...and my family as well...

It is still, and always will be, an absolute shame that employees continue to take it on the chin for management's inability to run a business.

Umm what growth? Last time I checked we were losing some 30 aircraft over the next year or two

I think they're talking about RW and S5. They probably aren't looking at future aircraft removal plans. We continue to take delivery of 175's for Airways at RW. I just flew the newest bird this past week. She was 6 days old! Plus did you notice like 5 more lines in PHL for July? I think its becoming clear that the 50 seat RJ market is going to come to a doomy gloomy end before too long. This will hit us just as hard as everyone else and you and I may be swimming on the furlough list, but, gotta give credit to Bedford for establishing the company with these 170's man. We may have to sit out while we lose our 50 seaters and our CHQ folks get a seat on this bird, but I think we'll continue to see growth with the 170's and any furlough would be temporary. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic.....I hope.

Best of luck to everyone getting furloughed.....this sucks. :(

Back