Anyone read or used this?

Hey, i'm not the greatest at math in my head. Is "Mental Math for the Pilot" a good book to help gain the skills needed for a career in the cockpit. Also just how basic is the math that you do in your head. Is it just add, subtract, multiply? Or, is it more complex?
confused.gif

Well I have the book, Mental Math, how to make your brain a calculator. It has some tips in it to help with basic math, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. But some of the ifo is useful.

Its certainly not the simplest solution, but there's nothing for polishing up your mental math skills like being a cashier for a couple of months. Plus you're getting paid (in addition to whatever you swipe from the drawer ... I kid, I kid)!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its certainly not the simplest solution, but there's nothing for polishing up your mental math skills like being a cashier for a couple of months. Plus you're getting paid (in addition to whatever you swipe from the drawer ... I kid, I kid)!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you are right about that, I was a cashier for about 3 years. It really helped me improve my math skills. They still aren't satisfactory enough for me though.

Back