anyone know any decent jobs in town?

There is nothing in Grand Forks.

That's why I kept my job I had for many years in San Diego while I was in Grand Forks... thank god for my employer letting me telecommute from home in GFK. Earning San Diego wages in GFK saved me from getting into big student loan debt.

Jason, are you still telecommuting right now? ...I bet it would be nice to still have a second source of income in addition to Piedmont. Btw, I'm done with ND on Aug. 1st! I feel like you... how you had the truck running and ready to go after graduation. My car will be running and ready to begin the journey home! :nana2:

LOL you guys would always have nicknames for everyone in town. I'm cracking up. One I remember from you guys was "China Jenny."

Haha. She is probably a captain for Cathay, JAL, or UPS somehow. I guess the net won't filter out everyone.

Jason, are you still telecommuting right now? ...I bet it would be nice to still have a second source of income in addition to Piedmont. Btw, I'm done with ND on Aug. 1st! I feel like you... how you had the truck running and ready to go after graduation. My car will be running and ready to begin the journey home! :nana2:

Yes, I'm still telecommuting. It's nice because I can work on the BPOs when I'm commuting to work from SAN to JFK. Occasionally on my hotel overnights I will do a BPO here and there, but I try to limit my overnight time to relaxing.

Yes, I'm still telecommuting. It's nice because I can work on the BPOs when I'm commuting to work from SAN to JFK. Occasionally on my hotel overnights I will do a BPO here and there, but I try to limit my overnight time to relaxing.

How many days off a month do you get? and is it tough getting a seat to JFK?

Thread a little old but again I don't check here often.

When I was in forks Pracs was the way to go. Their studies were easy money when you wanted to do them, great to study.

Also working at Pracs was great. Easiest job in the world, need no experience, and was paid pretty nicely. I'd suggest checking that out.

=Jason-

If you are 21 then be a blackjack dealer. I did that when I went to UND and averaged $20/hr because of tips.

Yeah i was a bus driver at Dietrichs or however you spell it. Paid way better than instructing ever would have. If you choose to pick up driving party/drunk buses you might even get to meet a few nice and not so nice soristitutes! I made usually about $10 an hour one night on a hockey game night made like $80+ hr all depends on tips

I'm going to second the Dietrich's Bus Service gig. They are extremely flexible with your schedule. If I couldn't drive one morning, I'd just call and say I cant come in. On the reserve, if I wanted to work, I could call early that morning or in the afternoon and ask if they have any routes for me. 100% of the time they got me a route, which means more money. Party buses were fun but a handfull sometimes. Out of town trips were the best, taking groups to Fargo or Jamestown. Even went to Minneapolis and Bismarck in one day. I work for the airlines now, and sometimes I really miss driving. It was a fun job, and was easy to get.

jobs that pay a LIVEABLE wage in grand forks that will work around a fulltime school schedule.

-bartender
-blackjack dealer

thats IT. PERIOD. anything else in this town is $7 an hour, 10 hours a week.

good luck paying your superinflated rent on that wage.

Back