Anyone here work at Allegiant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy works for them right now. I can pass along a question or two from my email. PM if interested.

About 20% of the Air Midwest pilots went there after AMW closed down in June. Everyone that I've talked to likes it there.

Do you have 3000TT - they were pretty firm on that requirement - but that was a year ago.

About 20% of the Air Midwest pilots went there after AMW closed down in June. Everyone that I've talked to likes it there.

Do you have 3000TT - they were pretty firm on that requirement - but that was a year ago.
Still a requirement. I applied in September with almost 4000 TT. They emailed me back right away to say they received my resume (an actual person, not automated), but have not heard back since. They do all out and back stuff (no overnights), so it would be kind of hard for me to drive an hour and a half to the airport all the time, but I'd do it :)

Still a requirement. I applied in September with almost 4000 TT. They emailed me back right away to say they received my resume (an actual person, not automated), but have not heard back since. They do all out and back stuff (no overnights), so it would be kind of hard for me to drive an hour and a half to the airport all the time, but I'd do it :)

They have an SFB base, too. I've seriously considered it, but I'm sorta kinda wanting to get more TPIC time first.....just in case.

I just had basic QOL questions. Someone who worked there replied to me and gave me a lot of insight. Sounds like a great company. I'm no where near the 3000TT right now, but in the future, with that QOL I'd almost aim for them rather than a major anyway. Guess we'll see what happens with them. But out and backs and the SFB base sound great. Are they unionized?

Out and backs, no service on sundays or holidays. Sounds perfect for someone living in Vegas.

Negative on the Union.

Don't forget its ANOTHER non-Union Company undercutting Union wages. You go there, don't come looking for favors.

Down Velo. You know, if there is no one there to start the fire, how will a union ever get started? Even ALPA needed someone to get the ball rolling :)

Hope you don't want to go anywhere else, son.

Well, Alaska only goes to Seattle outta Orlando, so I think I'm okay. Honestly, JS wars are flat out stupid. It's much better to educate captive JS riders than say "You're not going b/c you're not union." All it does is piss 'em off. I'd much rather say "Sure, you can ride. Lemme tell you why you should have a union at your carrier." The other way, next time any guy from Alaska wants to JS on the OTHER guy's flight, guess what's gonna happen? Remember, your attitude not only affects you but the rest of your pilot group. B/c you deny a guy, one of your other pilots might not get that ride home he needs.

"Don't forget its ANOTHER non-Union Company undercutting Union wages. You go there, don't come looking for favors."

So you got one Alaska Capt who won't give you a ride and his buddy the Airtran F/O who will try to see you won't get a ride. Seriously, don't buy into the hype...

If the job is a good fit, pursue it.

There are a couple of Alligent guys at APC. Do a search.

Sometimes you need to draw a line, kell.

So ALPA airlines flying 90 seat jets for 50 wages is a-ok, but non union airlines are bad bad bad?

I mean really man, I'm as hardcore about the union thing as you are, but you've gotta be consistent too. Saying that 50 seat regional flying is dead, and then recommending I just go to Skywest while saying that Allegiant is a sack of crap is, well, BS.

Not hardly.

I'm not too worried about regional issues. My issue is with non-Union pilots who fly narrow body or larger jets at wages that undercut mine.

Let the regional guys worry about their own issues.

In case you missed it, I'll bring you up to speed.

The regionals are not flying RJ's anymore, they're flying mainline jets. The longer you keep your head on the sand about that fact, the more it's going to hurt your pay scale.

The wall you think that exists between regional and mainline equipment simply isn't there, not when I was flying EWR-YYZ-IAH-STL on any given day.

But keep on keepin' on man, I'm out of this game and will be watching this one run ashore from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back