Anyone have C-310 time?

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
A LLC here in PHX is in the business of renting and time-building. They have a 172 a Cherokee 6, and a Cessna 310. For $200 dry. Which is way cheaper than the $370 + instructor, $75 an hr. that I've been paying for the turbo Seneca I've been renting. I'll be going to DEN next month to get some Seminole time at $180 an hr.

The 310 is 260 a side. The owner says that its a "big boy" twin. He says it flies like a CRJ. I won't be able to rent it. Insurance requirements are 750 tt and 250 hrs multi time and 25 hrs. of 310 time. I'm no where close. But luckily the owner says that he doesn't charge for instruction. He only charges for the plane. So that's cool.

Anyone have any experience in a C-310?

I have just under 1k in the 310/320 series. Such a fun plane to fly - but the tip tanks take a few hours to get used to with how it affects some of the handling characteristics.

super fun, slick airplane.

What’s gas cost in AZ these days? It’s over $8/gal here for 100LL and $11.25 for JetA. If you’re burning 30gal/hr it may not be so cheap any more

$4 at the pump. Not sure what low lead or 100LL is currently. I paid $87 to fill up a 172 dry. I prefer wet. But yeah, it will probably be expensive for fuel. Might be why he's not charging for instruction.

it may be slightly cheaper than the seneca if you're not paying for instruction
if you're flying slow time building then maybe 25gph
fun airplane, fuel system takes a minute to get used to as previously mentioned
flown 310d, q and r and 320d and e, probably have 700hr in various models most RAM conversions. good performers

it may be slightly cheaper than the seneca if you're not paying for instruction
if you're flying slow time building then maybe 25gph
fun airplane, fuel system takes a minute to get used to as previously mentioned
flown 310d, q and r and 320d and e, probably have 700hr in various models most RAM conversions. good performers

Does it really fly like CRJ?

"C310" is the type designator.

By convention (AFAIK), types that have a dash in the name are usually used to indicate a pilat type rating. E.g., the aircraft type might be "A320" or "A21N" while the type rating for those aircraft is "A-320"

There is no type rating for a C310.

Sincerely,
That Guy

The Ram converted 310R is hands down my favorite airplane that I've ever flown.

I have about 700 hours split between the 310 and 320. As Moxie said above, on the stubby nose 310s, the tip tanks do funny things to you until you get used to it. The long nose on the R model seemed to cure a lot of that. If the one you're looking at only has 260 a side, I'm guessing it isn't turbo charged? That alone takes some of the challenge out operation. There are lots of different fuel set ups, but overall none were too bad to manage. I greatly preferred the 310/320 over the fuel system in the Aztec.

"C310" is the type designator.

By convention (AFAIK), types that have a dash in the name are usually used to indicate a pilat type rating. E.g., the aircraft type might be "A320" or "A21N" while the type rating for those aircraft is "A-320"

There is no type rating for a C310.

My A23-19 has a dash in its aircraft type.

What’s gas cost in AZ these days? It’s over $8/gal here for 100LL and $11.25 for JetA. If you’re burning 30gal/hr it may not be so cheap any more

WOW! I paid $5.49 for AvGas on Saturday. Filled my car on the way home, $5.55.

Back