Any runners out there??????

where did everyone go?

Out running, of course! ;)

I have to pace a Half Marathon in April, so it looks like I need to add another one in March. Publix here in ATL seems like the best option. Really fun race.

Anyone else have any races planned?

I ran the Star Wars races at Disneyland this weekend. 5k Friday, 10k Saturday, and a half on Sunday. They were fun.

Was it really warm? That is one of the few runDisney races I haven't participated in. Bet the medals were nice. Is it a night race like the Wine & Dine?

Was it really warm? That is one of the few runDisney races I haven't participated in. Bet the medals were nice. Is it a night race like the Wine & Dine?

Temps were perfect. It's a morning race, 0530 start. I signed up for the dark side challenge in Orlando in April. I'm worried that one might be a lot warmer.

Temps were perfect. It's a morning race, 0530 start. I signed up for the dark side challenge in Orlando in April. I'm worried that one might be a lot warmer.

Wow, I thought it would be a night race. Just seems more appropriate, but in Anaheim, I guess that would be difficult. It shouldn't be too bad in April. You will be there during the Epcot Garden Festival which is really nice. Extra medals are always a good thing, especially at Disney!

their medals are pretty cool, especially if you're a star wars dork. i don't think any of the other disney races would interest me, but the star wars themed ones are pretty fun.

31579165683_542b15b5f9_b.jpg

Wow, those are really cool. I am only now getting into Star Wars. Before then, I knew to run away from the storm troopers and Darth Vader during the other Disney races. ;) My favorite honestly is the Wine & Dine because of the festival, that it is at night, and the after party has most of the food offerings that they have during the day. Kind of expensive, but it is Disney.

Out running, of course! ;)

I have to pace a Half Marathon in April, so it looks like I need to add another one in March. Publix here in ATL seems like the best option. Really fun race.

Anyone else have any races planned?

I'm doing the Publix Georgia Half-Marathon in March as well. After that probably nothing until the Peachtree Road Race in July. I signed up for the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon as several weeks ago during the 3 day early registration period. I'm from Houston and haven't been back since my dad's funeral. Plus, just before mile 16 you pass through the neighborhood I grew up in. It's flat as well, so a really good chance I can get a Boston qualifying time from it, which is a bucket list item. :)

I'm doing the Publix Georgia Half-Marathon in March as well. After that probably nothing until the Peachtree Road Race in July. I signed up for the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon as several weeks ago during the 3 day early registration period. I'm from Houston and haven't been back since my dad's funeral. Plus, just before mile 16 you pass through the neighborhood I grew up in. It's flat as well, so a really good chance I can get a Boston qualifying time from it, which is a bucket list item. :)

Yay! Hoping March will still have cool weather! It is a great race, and the expo has a lot of free stuff from Publix. :) I am hoping to get a PR, but with no recent proof of time, I am going to have to weed myself through the masses to make that possible. A lot of my friends love Houston because of the fast course, and I can't think of a better excuse to go home. Hope you get that BQ! Check that off the bucket list!!

I just did the F^3 Frozen Lakefront half in Chicago. I'm not a runner persay, I'm more of a cyclist, but several rounds in at a wedding I agreed to it.

1:50 - and I still can't quite walk down stairs comfortably yet

If you can't do something smart, do something right

Yay! Hoping March will still have cool weather! It is a great race, and the expo has a lot of free stuff from Publix. :) I am hoping to get a PR, but with no recent proof of time, I am going to have to weed myself through the masses to make that possible. A lot of my friends love Houston because of the fast course, and I can't think of a better excuse to go home. Hope you get that BQ! Check that off the bucket list!!

Yeah, it almost seems like destiny. I remember watching the Houston Marathon from my house growing up. I only had to walk a few hundred feet to get a good view. Will almost be surreal to be back as a participant, especially if I get a good time. I'm using the Hanson-Brooks Distance Project training program so I'm hoping to be well prepared. I've already been running 60+ miles per week for years now, so I'm also hoping that pedigree helps in my first quest for 26.2 :)

Good luck in your PR desire for the half! What kind of time are you shooting for?

Yeah, it almost seems like destiny. I remember watching the Houston Marathon from my house growing up. I only had to walk a few hundred feet to get a good view. Will almost be surreal to be back as a participant, especially if I get a good time. I'm using the Hanson-Brooks Distance Project training program so I'm hoping to be well prepared. I've already been running 60+ miles per week for years now, so I'm also hoping that pedigree helps in my first quest for 26.2 :)

Good luck in your PR desire for the half! What kind of time are you shooting for?

Wow, you will do great with the amount of running that you do! Marathons are definitely a different type of challenge, one I haven't enjoyed that much until crossing the finish line. The Oatmeal cartoon about running a Marathon pretty much sums up my feelings about them, but I need to do one more, because it just seems better to run five instead of the four I have. ;) Half Marathons are just right for me.

I am aiming for 2:15. My previous record is 2:18:30. I am the 2:30 pacer again for the Half I am running in April. So, I don't want to aim too high to make that more difficult since they are two weeks apart, but my goal is to at least get back in the groove of running in races. My Athlinks account needs to become more impressive.

Anybody on this thread use Nike or Runkeeper to track their runs? My base has been way down, but I'm starting a new job in 3 weeks that should allow me the time to build it back up, and I'm looking for some run buddies for motivation :)

Anybody on this thread use Nike or Runkeeper to track their runs? My base has been way down, but I'm starting a new job in 3 weeks that should allow me the time to build it back up, and I'm looking for some run buddies for motivation :)

I like Strava. It allows me to keep track of my pace over time on various segments I run regularly , and of course compare my self to the fast guys and girls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Strava. It allows me to keep track of my pace over time on various segments I run regularly , and of course compare my self to the fast guys and girls.
Huh, I hate to download another running app, having 2 going, plus music, is killing my phone fast enough! ;-)
I'll check it out though, thanks!

Copy that. I don't run with my phone unless I absolutely have to since it is my tether to deadlines and responsibilities. I have a Garmin watch and upload the data when done.

Copy that. I don't run with my phone unless I absolutely have to since it is my tether to deadlines and responsibilities.

I know the feeling, but I'm either on call and need to keep the phone with me, or I'm not and nobody bothers me ...

I use Nike+ and garmin connect. I track with my watch and my garmin app gives the data to Nike app as well. I never updated the Nike app to their new one that they are trying to turn into a social network, but I keep updating to the old version because I have years of mileage on it.

Back