Any rumors of PUBNAT 8?

i scored a 98, honestly, i dont think there is ANY logic on behalf of the selection panels. Heck, there are people who have scored 100 and have been passed up. Anyway, screw it. I was only interested in the money and stability any way lol, now I gotta continue doing what I actually like. Flying.

oh, pfft, yeah, I know a couple of CFI's with 99s and both got rejected. At the same time, a girl I know up the street scored an 86 and got picked with no aviation experience.

I was only interested in the money and stability any way lol, now I gotta continue doing what I actually like. Flying.
same on all counts. picked or not, I was getting a job either way; my rejection just means that I'm a CFI now.

yep, I'm declined too. let that be a lesson to everyone exactly how far a 97 will take you.

Exactly the same predicament. This job really is for those that have the perseverance and some luck. I know someone hired with literally the exact same qualifications I had, a lower score, and only one geo preference the whole time. Gotta keep trying!

Hmmm, mine hasn't updated yet and still says "Referral list FA-AAC-11-36152: Issued on 10/06/2010 for the Throughout the Nation, United States duty location at (the) FG-1 grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates."

Hopefully that's good!

oh, pfft, yeah, I know a couple of CFI's with 99s and both got rejected. At the same time, a girl I know up the street scored an 86 and got picked with no aviation experience.

Yup, CFII here that scored 100 and didn't get selected.

I'm still in the running for MO/KS, but I'm not sure I would take it now even if I get selected. I'm in a new job that I love, so it will be a tough decision.

Hmmm, mine hasn't updated yet and still says "Referral list FA-AAC-11-36152: Issued on 10/06/2010 for the Throughout the Nation, United States duty location at (the) FG-1 grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates."

Hopefully that's good!

I think thats a really good sign!

Rumor on SM is that they have completed updating the OTS announcement. So, if your status hasn't updated to "Another candidate" then I would be cautiously optimistic.

denied here too, well on the positive side now I do not have to make the choice of which job, I just finished new hire training with Eagle, guess I will be a pilot in life....

are there any statistics for the hires on this round? Even though I wasn't picked, I'm still curious how many got recruited, as well as OTS, CTI, and veterans numbers

yup denied here too. I got a 100 and wasn't selected...oh well. good luck to everyone that did. wondering if there willl be another to apply to in the future, any thoughts?

Unfortunately, ACD is not very optimistic about another PUBNAT happening anytime soon. If you really want to do it then consider CTI or the military.

I'm pretty aggravated with this application. I have an MBA, have a stable work history, and scored a 100 on the test and wasn't selected. That part is aggravating, but the part that really gets me is how I (and others who had to travel for the test) had to use vacation time to take off work, drive a 10 hour round trip, and pay for a hotel to get to the closest location to take the test. Then after acing the test, we don't even get an opportunity to interview. It ended up being a total waste of time and money.

Like I said, it isn't that I didn't get selected, it's what we all had to do for the application just to simply be denied the opportunity to even continue in the process. I feel like this application is saying, "Thanks for taking off work, spending money on a hotel, taking and acing the test. For no real reason, we aren't interested".

I'm pretty aggravated with this application. I have an MBA, have a stable work history, and scored a 100 on the test and wasn't selected. That part is aggravating, but the part that really gets me is how I (and others who had to travel for the test) had to use vacation time to take off work, drive a 10 hour round trip, and pay for a hotel to get to the closest location to take the test. Then after acing the test, we don't even get an opportunity to interview. It ended up being a total waste of time and money.

Like I said, it isn't that I didn't get selected, it's what we all had to do for the application just to simply be denied the opportunity to even continue in the process. I feel like this application is saying, "Thanks for taking off work, spending money on a hotel, taking and acing the test. For no real reason, we aren't interested".

Haha, it is a screwy process. But do u really think u are that qualified to be a controller with a MBA and 100 on one test. There are plenty of people who didnt get selected with 5+ years of atc experience. Or how about the cti guys who spent 4 years of school training to be a controller and spending 80k to for an opportunity to get selected. The process is a joke, but taking a vacation day for the opportunity isnt paying your dues as some of the other people who applied.

Haha, it is a screwy process. But do u really think u are that qualified to be a controller with a MBA and 100 on one test. There are plenty of people who didnt get selected with 5+ years of atc experience. Or how about the cti guys who spent 4 years of school training to be a controller and spending 80k to for an opportunity to get selected. The process is a joke, but taking a vacation day for the opportunity isnt paying your dues as some of the other people who applied.

Good point. I probably shouldn't have used the word "qualified" because I'm obviously not qualified to be a controller. I only meant that I met the requirements of the application. Those in CTI truly deserve the position more than OTS. Once again, I'm not bitter for not being selected (although obviously I wish I was along with everyone else), there are many people that deserve it much more than OTS. It is more the process that I find ridiculous that requires people to take the test for basically no reason.

Good point. I probably shouldn't have used the word "qualified" because I'm obviously not qualified to be a controller. I only meant that I met the requirements of the application. Those in CTI truly deserve the position more than OTS. Once again, I'm not bitter for not being selected (although obviously I wish I was along with everyone else), there are many people that deserve it much more than OTS. It is more the process that I find ridiculous that requires people to take the test for basically no reason.

I feel the same way, all that work an not even a chance to lobby for a job face to face with anyone....I should have put on my application that I don't take naps at work

Back