Any other 'O7 applicants still waiting for a class date?

I am here - and in the same position as Ian.
Have you heard anything from your contact? At the time, I was happy that I didn't have to do the security part at the Pepc. I assumed that my clearance would come back fast since it had already been started, but this hasn't been the case.

Nope CJ, still waiting too.

I am terminal with a timeline just a little behind yours...so you be sure to let me know if you hear anything....

finally got the call that I had passed the background and everything else.. and then they asked if i could make it to the Nov 7th class. Which is only 2 weeks away. Its a bit too tight and I had to decline. I have to sell my house and pack it up and wrap up things here. So hopefully one of you that is still waiting for a date will get the newly free spot for nov 7th. I am so frustrated that i didnt get contacted 2 months ago for this class like every else in it. Anyways so back to the waiting game for me.. i am guessing sometime in jan or feb now?

Wow.... that is too bad....

There is no way I could leave on that short of notice either...
hey, at least you know they are thinking about you!!

I have a timeline similar to you - and the rumor is that all is in except the class date, but I have not heard from my HR rep since early Sept...

who knows...

What did they tell you when you told them you couldnt make it in two weeks? is that considered a "refusal" of a class date?

what did they tell you would happen now?

finally got the call that I had passed the background and everything else.. and then they asked if i could make it to the Nov 7th class. Which is only 2 weeks away. Its a bit too tight and I had to decline. I have to sell my house and pack it up and wrap up things here. ...
Rent the house out until you're out of the Academy and through probation at your site.

What did they tell you when you told them you couldnt make it in two weeks? is that considered a "refusal" of a class date?

what did they tell you would happen now?

all the woman said was that i would have to wait for another class date later on then. She said she did not know when that would be. I dont think they concidered it an official refusal because it was not a formal FOL or anything, just a call to see if there was any way i could fill the sudden opening.

Your not alone. I went to the July MEM PEPC and am STILL waiting on a class date. I was hired off the street, not sure if that has anything to do with my waiting.

I too went to the Memphis PEPC in July. Security clearance was done prior. I was notified all other clearances were in by 9/11 - and yet I wait. And yes, I am an OTS.

on the plus side I am still in the line for a class date and have passed background and such. On the minus side I just got a call today to see if i could make the dec 15th class.. in two weeks. um why oh why cant i get a real class date with some nottice and not just get called for these last minute oppenings?? I declined the date after talking with her and making sure it wouldnt hurt me in getting a later class date. She said she would talk with brenda and try to get me a class date with a little bit more nottice. So back to waiting...

oh and there was 2 openings for dec 15th so maybe one of you will get it and can make it that soon!

It seems like everybody's situation is different accept the result. Its not just a waiting game. Its a "hurry up and wait game". Either way... I am putting my foot in the ho-kie po-kie circle.

I got my offer letter in Sept. '08
Cleared security and Medical in early Nov. '08

As for the other stuff. I took my ATSAT in March '06...lol

Seriously... March... 2006 "Well Qualified"

It seems like everybody's situation is different accept the result. Its not just a waiting game. Its a "hurry up and wait game". Either way... I am put my foot in the ho-kie po-kie circle.

I got my offer letter in Sept. '08
Cleared security and Medical in early Nov. '08

As for the other stuff. I took my ATSAT in March '06...lol

Seriously... March... 2006 "Well Qualified"

I don't feel so bad now!!!!!

If I remember correctly at least half the people I started with in OKC had less than two weeks notice of start date. I am just sayin......

Back